Daniel Davie

How do we know for sure Green will the starter on the other side? I see a lot of competition in the d backfield in spring and fall.

About halfway through the season, something just clicked with Green, and he became a pretty solid CB. If he gets beat out, then that's a good thing because that means that whoever starts should be pretty dang good.

I think we saw whAT we needed from Andy green last year... Came in as a RFrosh and grew as the year went along. Not many people take on that position and just dominate out of the gate. Green got better and he seemed more confident at years end. And confidence is 80% of playing that position iMO! Also people need to remember how good he was against the run! It's his spot to lose and I can only see him getting better!

• Fire 2
We should be ALOT more worried about who will be playing the slot than who will be on the outsides. With a year of tape and seeing how many times we were gashed up the middle, teams are going to try that crap all year.

Honestly this is what I'm the most anxious to see. Last year we seen teams line their best receiver or gain chunk plays for 1st downs on numerous occasions against our slot DB. For anyone interested, I'd look at the Wisky, NW, Mich and Bowl games for illustrations.

I think we saw whAT we needed from Andy green last year... Came in as a RFrosh and grew as the year went along. Not many people take on that position and just dominate out of the gate. Green got better and he seemed more confident at years end. And confidence is 80% of playing that position iMO! Also people need to remember how good he was against the run! It's his spot to lose and I can only see him getting better!

who's andy green? and 'andrew' green was a redshirt sophomore. now a junior in his 4th year.

Andrew Green is 100% a starter at one corner, the other is the toss up with Seisay in the thick of it.

Ciante Evans is going to get picked on by every offense when he is on the field, no matter where he is lined up at.

As for the OP, coming off his redshirt year of learning the defense, I would think he may see some special team action on coverage teams.

Andrew Green is 100% a starter at one corner, the other is the toss up with Seisay in the thick of it.

Ciante Evans is going to get picked on by every offense when he is on the field, no matter where he is lined up at.

As for the OP, coming off his redshirt year of learning the defense, I would think he may see some special team action on coverage teams.

You think there's any chance SJB moves opposite Green? Or is that a failed experiment?

You think there's any chance SJB moves opposite Green? Or is that a failed experiment?

Him getting hurt played a larger role than it being a failed experiment. He will be in the mix with Seisay. What I would really love is for him to be the nickel. Perfect size to support the run, and the hips and speed to run with WRs. Spring ball will honestly do this kid wonders.

Him getting hurt played a larger role than it being a failed experiment. He will be in the mix with Seisay. What I would really love is for him to be the nickel. Perfect size to support the run, and the hips and speed to run with WRs. Spring ball will honestly do this kid wonders.

Man you ain't lying. I would LOVE SJB at the nickle. He would also be able to cover TEs as well.

I'm not one to jump the on the bandwagon right away. So i am with the crowd that doesn't think Mo will start (right now), but i will admit he has a very good chance to start and will see a lot of playing time once the season starts. The same can be said for Zaire Anderson. I'm just not one to buy into a JUCO kid starting right away, but I am open to the certain chance of him seeing the field through rotations.

I said the same thing last season when people were high on Joseph Carter starting. Even though he did not start, he played in every game and rotated in with Eric Martin. It will be interesting to see how three senior defensive ends see playing time this year.

Man you ain't lying. I would LOVE SJB at the nickle. He would also be able to cover TEs as well.

Also big enough to help out in run support. I agree it was the injury bug that kept him from really progressing. Another spring and fall will be good.

Any more word on Cooper moving to LB?