SIGNED OT Zach Hannon

Warrior10

Despite hating Mizzery, you have to respect GP for where he has brought his team. They were a good match for DONU while we were reconstructing a winner. I do agree that they have not done enough with the talent they have amassed. And I do think they will have more trouble fielding 9-10 win seasons in the SECheaters. There just aren't enough lower level teams for them to catch their breath after hard games. That will take it's toll on them. I don't think we will ever see them in the B1G, since the SECheaters is a better conference that makes as much/more money than the B1G. Good luck to your team Fro....they are sure going to need it.

Just my opinion, but I don't think Mizzou will have as difficult of a time in SEC as some of you think. Vanderbilt, Miss St, Ole Miss, TAMU, Kentucky, Tennessee and South Carolina are't world beaters. Then you take into consideration the non-con games and I think it would be well within the realm of possibility for Mizzou to put together 8 to 10 win seasons on a regular basis. Again, just my opinion.

Despite hating Mizzery, you have to respect GP for where he has brought his team. They were a good match for DONU while we were reconstructing a winner. I do agree that they have not done enough with the talent they have amassed. And I do think they will have more trouble fielding 9-10 win seasons in the SECheaters. There just aren't enough lower level teams for them to catch their breath after hard games. That will take it's toll on them. I don't think we will ever see them in the B1G, since the SECheaters is a better conference that makes as much/more money than the B1G. Good luck to your team Fro....they are sure going to need it.

Just my opinion, but I don't think Mizzou will have as difficult of a time in SEC as some of you think. Vanderbilt, Miss St, Ole Miss, TAMU, Kentucky, Tennessee and South Carolina are't world beaters. Then you take into consideration the non-con games and I think it would be well within the realm of possibility for Mizzou to put together 8 to 10 win seasons on a regular basis. Again, just my opinion.

south carolina sure kicked our ass... what does that say about us??

he is really good friends with jamone boyd and they want to attend the same school. boyd has offers from missouri, kstate, illinois, purdue, kansas, ok state and arkansas but has arkansas as his favorite. he is a 6 foot 5 DE from lee summit missouri. Like I said before they are both high on the hogs and they want to play together. It will come down to nebraska and arkansas for hannon's committment. Boyd is a 4 star via scout and the a top tier 3 star on 247, nebraska has not offered him at this time

ZACH HANNON, OL, 6-5, 295, KANSAS CITY (ROCKHURST), MISSOURI

“Yes, I’m still open bit right now the top four is Arkansas, Nebraska, Kansas State and Missouri.” Hannon said.

Other schools known to offer are Colorado, Duke, Houston, Illinois, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State and Northwestern

“The whole atmosphere in general, good coaches, good environment, SEC of course, kind of everything really.” Hannon said of the Arkansas Razorbacks.

“Yes, I’ve been there (Fayetteville) twice. I have a good relationship with Coach Chris Klenakis, Coach Tim Horton the recruiting coordinator. The facilities are second to none.” Hannon said

“Arkansas said if everything goes right I have a chance to play early. They’re recruiting me as a guard.” Hannon added

SEC Trying To Improve The OL

“The SEC is starting to switch over to schools like Nebraska,” Hannon said. “The SEC is noted for their defensive linemen but then the Big Ten is noted for their offensive linemen, it goes both ways.”

Frequent Visitor To Nebraska

“I have a great relationship with Nebraska. I was just at Nebraska it was my third time around. I was getting use to the recruits around me. Getting comfortable around everybody, I mean just the whole atmosphere.” Hannon said

2012 NU commit Michael Rose pushing Hannon to be a Husker

“Yea most definitely, he always jokes around when I’m going to commit (To NU). It’s always cool he’s a great guy. Knowing someone from Rockhurst most definitely helps; just like I said before just make myself getting comfortable. Knowing somebody is always a plus.” Hannon said

“I think they (NU) like my athleticism. They say I have good foot work and aggressiveness.”

Hannon said Nebraska is recruiting him as a guard. He likes that Nebraska doesn’t have a pro team and the fan base is behind the Huskers all the time. Nebraska has a tradition of developing offensive linemen – playing in the NFL

“They (K-State) are about the other four schools Hannon said,” They had a great year last year. I have a good relationship with Coach Dana Dimel and Coach Charlie Dickey. I’m actually working with a former player from Kansas State named Damion Mc Intosh. He got me introduced to K-State.”

Parents Mizzou Grads

“Man, both of my parents went to Missouri, so I kind of grew up a Tiger. Missouri is about the same thing (with others). My dad went to school with Andy Hill. Arkansas was first to offer Missouri was second.” Hannon said

Decision Time This Summer

“The plan was to take the Five Visits but I’m thinking about sometime in July, we’ll see. I want a place where I feel comfortable and where I’m at on the depth chart. Academics are second to none, that’s also a big input on my decision. I’m thinking about broadcast journalism or business finance along these lines.” Hannon said

Zach Hannon thinks that he’s been thorough enough when it comes to checking out his options. Now the time will come when Hannon just needs to sort through those options, do the pros and cons and make a decision. It’s not the easy part, but the process is definitely coming to an end. When can everyone expect to know where Hannon is committing to?

Summer traveling seems to be wrapping up for Kansas City (Mo.) Rockhurst offensive tackle Zach Hannon. Hannon was in Nebraska a couple of weeks ago for Big Red Weekend and now he’s returning from an unofficial visit from another Big Ten team.

“I am just driving back from Chicago right now,” Hannon said. “We were actually doing a couple of things. I went to Northwestern on Friday and I had a camp for the Semper Fidelis All-American game. I am trying to get into that game.”

Hannon says that there were camps all around the country for the game and that he thought that he performed well. He has heard that notifications to the players that made the game could start as early as in the next couple of weeks.

“I thought that the camp went good. They do camps all around the country and they are going to make their final decision in the next couple of weeks. The players that get nominated should get their notifications soon. I think that I did pretty good.”

The trip to Northwestern wasn’t one that was necessarily planned as much as just happened, but it worked out in a great way. Hannon was impressed with what Northwestern had to offer while he was on campus.

“It was great. I was glad I went up there. I was planning on going to Wisconsinoriginally, but the offensive line coach had a schedule conflict with ours. Northwestern has one of the nicest campuses I have ever seen.

“It was really placement. It’s 10 miles away from downtown Chicago, it’s right on Lake Michigan and they are going to be moving their facilities right next to the shoreline.”

The trip to Chicago sounds like it’s it for Hannon because football starts back up in a week. He believes that he’s done the best that he could seeing the schools he’s considering now it’s about figuring out where he wants to go.

“I start mini-camp next week so I will be shutting things down when it comes to traveling. I think that I have done a pretty thorough job of visiting all of the schools that I wanted to. So here in about three or four weeks I will be making a commitment.

“It might be some poor planning on my part, but I am not sure if I am going to trim my list and tell schools or not. I just don’t know. I don’t know how I am going to do it. The decision would probably be sometime in mid-July. The latest that I will go will be right before the season starts.”

There are a few key things for Hannon when it comes to making a decision and the first is academics. After that Hannon says that there are a few other things that he’s looking for but really it has to be the complete package for him.

“Academics are first, always. I am looking for a program on the rise, the tradition of the school, the coaches, the feel of the campus in general and it just has to be all-in-one.”

Hannon is a three-star prospect according to Scout.com and is rated as the No. 59 offensive tackle in the nation.

I think we have a great shot at his commitment. at the end of the day it will most likely come down to nebraska and arkansas.

http://nebraska.scout.com/2/1199491.html

Thank You bigredreport.com for the information. always get great info from there!

From today's Arkansas Democrat-Gazette (despite the line below, I don't see anything in the article that indicates that he's an Arkansas lean other than the Hogs' conference):

Razorbacks, Cornhuskers battling for KC lineman

Offensive lineman Zach Hannon of Kansas City (Mo.) Rockhurst has visited the University of Arkansas twice and is leaning toward committing to the Razorbacks. Hannon has offers from Nebraska, Missouri and Kansas State.

LITTLE ROCK — Arkansas has a slight lead over Nebraska going into the home stretch for Missouri offensive lineman Zach Hannon, who could announce his college decision in two or three weeks.

“I just wanted to get it out of the way pretty much so I don’t have to worry about during the season,” Hannon said. “I guess it’s pretty much time to commit.”

Hannon, 6-5, 300 pounds, 5.1 seconds in the 40-yard dash, of Kansas City Rockhurst has more than 10 scholarship offers, including Arkansas, Missouri, Nebraska and Kansas State. He has visited the Hogs twice, Feb. 11 and about three weeks ago.

“First of all, SEC,” Hannon said of the Razorbacks. “That’s a big part of the decision. Academics of course. The academic staff and the tour they gave us the last time we came down there was just great. The tradition, of course. The coaches, the fan support.”

Hannon credited his lead recruiter, offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach Paul Petrino as well as offensive line coach Chris Klenakis for his high interest in Arkansas.

“They were really the first ones that kind of found me out of the blue and the first coaches that really started talking to me,” said Hannon, who reports a 355-poundbench press and a 450-pound squat. “I’ve had just a great relationship with them throughout the whole process.”

he also has a couple of friends that he wants to play with at arkansas like i stated before 4 star DE jamone boyd. I still think Nebraska has just as good as shot. It will be a 50/50 chance for his commit between us and arkansas