SIGNED RB Terrell Newby

Nexus

I thought he performed well in the Internation bowl. Has some big thighs. You know there is some power & speed with that build. Looks like a good all-around player. TV said that when they asked the coaches and players who stood out in practice. They said Newby did and that he was special. Really had a nice kick off return. After that they short kicked it.....

Article about International Bowl.

The U.S. ground game kept churning, getting consistent yards from Haskins, Terrell Newby (West Hills, Calif.; Nebraska) and Chase Abbington (St. Peters, Mo.; Missouri). “We believe in the running game,” Brady said. “We have three great backs, and when you can run the ball with success, why go away from it?”

Even when the World Team saw cracks of daylight, Team USA reasserted itself. Following a 39-yard field goal by World Team kicker Louis-Phillipe Simoneau with 3:32 left in half, Team USA’s Newby made five would-be tacklers miss on the ensuing kickoff, bringing the ball back 66 yards to the World 33.

Newby converted a third-and-14 with a 16-yard screen pass reception to earn a first down at the World 20. Five plays later, Newby hauled in another third down pass, this time for an 8-yard TD and a 25-3 lead that Team USA took to halftime.

Newby earned Team USA Player of the Game honors with 88 yards rushing, 24 yards receiving, the long kickoff return and the touchdown.

“I’ve had a lot of fun this week,” Newby said. “Meeting all these guys, we’ll all be following each other through our careers. This week gave me a taste of what to expect at the next level with all the talented players here.”

http://usafootball.c...onal-bowl-42-10