Offensive Line

where are reeves/klatcho/sterup? some more busts for nebraska?

Not busts at all, just young. We've had a few guys step up like Long and Choi so we haven't had to play the others much early. We are finally getting around to taking the time to develop linemen before they see significant minutes.

Pipeline. Woot

+1

Arod is playing the left side based off of the article I just read. (Pelini said he is playing opposite of Qvale.). Good article and backups what girlknowsfootball said. I like the fact that they are working the younger players more. Means the program is developing.

http://my.journalsta...ow_up_well.html

Read that earlier. Happy to see Carnes is becoming a more serviceable back up and that Green/Abdullah are improving. I'm really hoping one of them emerges as the clear number two, but I'm not holding my breath.

We used to quite simply build our linemen. I discussed this one very snowy night in Winona, Minnesota with Boyd Epply who was there for a seminar. One of those nights that te Football God blesses you with. He basically said that they recruited linemen based on bone structure. With the right bone structure, nutrition and weight training he said he basically built a pipeline from his weight room to our offencive and defencive lines which were almost always 2 deep and often 3 deep.

T_O_B

G>B>R

Arod is playing the left side based off of the article I just read. (Pelini said he is playing opposite of Qvale.). Good article and backups what girlknowsfootball said. I like the fact that they are working the younger players more. Means the program is developing.

The OWH says he is at RG.

I believe Qvale is the backup at LT and Arod is the backup at RT.

The reinstatement of the walk on program the last few years is starting to pay off again. When one or two walk ons become a serious contender for playing time you acquire depth at a position without waiting for the next 'young' scholarship player to develop or not having to 'throw' them into the mix when they aren't ready.

• Fire 2

The reinstatement of the walk on program the last few years is starting to pay off again. When one or two walk ons become a serious contender for playing time you acquire depth at a position without waiting for the next 'young' scholarship player to develop or not having to 'throw' them into the mix when they aren't ready.

This is a very true statement.

This is a very true statement.

It also help being able to have multiple stations during practice, increasing quality reps.

• Fire 1

I could have seen ARod moving to center before I could see him moving to tackle. Just something that seemed to make a little more sense to me since we already have Sirles at the other tackle spot opposite of Moore.

We need 4 OT's without a drop off. With the Rodriguez move, we've now got Moore, Sirles, A-Rod, Qvale all as guys 6'6" or taller, over 300lbs, all with playing experience. That gives us a really good 2 deep.

We also need 4 OG's without a drop off. With Long, Choi, Thompson and some other very talented young guys (Reeves, Klachko, Price, Thurston, Whitaker) we have depth at the OG position as well.

We need 2 C's without a drop off. Pensick and Jackson will be these guys.

With that being said, our O-Line will have a solid 2-deep this year with a lot of young guys right behind them on the come. As one of the BIG 10 announcers said, Nebraska has 23 O-Linemen on the roster right now. That's the most of any Big 10 school they have visited this spring... one of the schools had as few as 8 on the roster.

I wonder where you see Cotton playing next fall? OG or perhaps Center??

Read that earlier. Happy to see Carnes is becoming a more serviceable back up and that Green/Abdullah are improving. I'm really hoping one of them emerges as the clear number two, but I'm not holding my breath.

The last I heard from Ron Brown pretty much made me think that Abdullah has that number 2 spot until Aaron Green starts learning how to run between the tackles. Brown said that's something they are working on with Aaron, while Abdullah has improved a lot running between the tackles.

I could have seen ARod moving to center before I could see him moving to tackle. Just something that seemed to make a little more sense to me since we already have Sirles at the other tackle spot opposite of Moore.

We need 4 OT's without a drop off. With the Rodriguez move, we've now got Moore, Sirles, A-Rod, Qvale all as guys 6'6" or taller, over 300lbs, all with playing experience. That gives us a really good 2 deep.

We also need 4 OG's without a drop off. With Long, Choi, Thompson and some other very talented young guys (Reeves, Klachko, Price, Thurston, Whitaker) we have depth at the OG position as well.

We need 2 C's without a drop off. Pensick and Jackson will be these guys.

With that being said, our O-Line will have a solid 2-deep this year with a lot of young guys right behind them on the come. As one of the BIG 10 announcers said, Nebraska has 23 O-Linemen on the roster right now. That's the most of any Big 10 school they have visited this spring... one of the schools had as few as 8 on the roster.

I wonder where you see Cotton playing next fall? OG or perhaps Center??

Cotton will either be a OT or OG when he is healthy enough this year. I am pretty sure that the staff wants him at OT to start this year.