Husker Basketball Recruiting Thread

ANother Akoy update.

Said today he is up to almost 30 offers with Memphis, Mizzou and Providence all offereing in the last week and a half.

He still loves Deverell and the talk from Biggs to get him to Lincoln is what he(Biggs) should be doing.

Said P Squared(that is Paul Pierce for all you unhip kids) is the player in the NBA that his game most reflects. I love Akoy, but am really sorry to report that as a nig hell no. Akoy has no where near the shot as Pierce. After I damn near went off the road upon hearing this, Akoy did say he isn't near the shot. Even with him saying that, I can;t see a Pierce in him. More like a Serge Ibacka type guy

And the kids summer is completely packed. He is DC now for a camp. Hopes for a Lebron Camp invite.

The thing about guys like Akoy is they can come in here and be an instant star in one of the best basketball conferences in the country. We also appear to be assembling a pretty good cast of teammates. Add our new facilities that will be second to none ,plus the media's fascination with the underdog story that Miles and Nebraska would be ,and it all adds up to a potentially BIG opportunity. If there's a school that supports its athletes more than Nebraska, I'd like to know what it is?

The thing about guys like Akoy is they can come in here and be an instant star in one of the best basketball conferences in the country. We also appear to be assembling a pretty good cast of teammates. Add our new facilities that will be second to none ,plus the media's fascination with the underdog story that Miles and Nebraska would be ,and it all adds up to a potentially BIG opportunity. If there's a school that supports its athletes more than Nebraska, I'd like to know what it is?

Based on what? that he played pretty good in high school? It's amazing how much people hype up these kids and expect them to come and be some game changer. Sure we could be better with him, but i think it's better if we don't put 1,000 lbs on his shoulder to come in here and make us a winning program because it isn't going to happen. I've watched him in plenty of games. He is a big body in the post, he can block shots and put pressure on shooters (ibaka) but has very average offense...which ever program he chooses he will be a mess for offenses in the middle, but he will not average 20 some points, maybe 10-14ish. He would be a big addition, but we will see what happens, and if he does choose a bigger program he will come off the bench whereas he could see good playing time right away here.

Would you guys like to see Miles build this team with top talent that may only stay a year or two or with guys that with be 4 year guys in more of a mid major mold.

As much as I hate the Raiders:

just_win_baby_feature.jpg

Wether it is the Kentucky model or the Creighton model WIN GAMES!

Personally I would like to see something like the Kansas model. Lots of 2-4 year guys with a one and done every year to supplement the weaknesses.

• Fire 1