Nebraska Alternative (aka Sacrilegious) Uniform Slamma Ramma Extravaganza 2012

I know black is the new fad, but it is overdone and has never been part of the NU color scheme. If a tertiary color is used, it should be yellow.

I'd like to see an all red jersey. (screw the superstitious) Red shoes, red socks, red jerseys, no stripes, no names, red numbers with a white outline. And just to mix it up a little, a yellow helmet with a kernal/cob pattern and no other markings. The clean appearance is enough to look "futuristic" and the cob helmet is enough to get national attention. Also, run it during the Wisconsin game because it's too hard to tell the two uniforms apart.

So black should not be used because it has never been part of Nebraska's color scheme, but yellow is okay?.... :confucius Makes lots of sense...

Red and yellow would be pretty cool though. It could probably resemble something that everybody in America loves:

mcdonalds_12.jpg

So black should not be used because it has never been part of Nebraska's color scheme, but yellow is okay?.... :confucius Makes lots of sense...

Yes, it is, since yellow is implied by the team name.

...... :huh: No, it's not.

Black, however, has been in our color scheme at Nebraska whether you like it or not. Don't believe me? Have a look:

4f7a5e765a760.preview-300.jpg

RackMultipart.459.0_crop_340x234.jpg?1260329208

osu-wbk-3-4-art-g7lga49g-1ncaa-womens-basketball-big-ten-tournament-nebraska-vs-ohio-state-jpg.jpg?__scale=w:380,h:283,t:2

banwawrth.jpg?w=549

file6357.jpg

Yes, it is, since yellow is implied by the team name.

eyeswear2allthatsholy

:dunno

Because of course all corn is yellow right? What about blue corn? Or what about indian corn? It has black in it alot. And the corn plant is green for most of its life. So I'd say lets make sure we get green in with the color scheme.

I know there is a mega long thread on uniforms. OWH published some designs in today's paper not necessarily having anything to do with what the NU athletic department is looking at.

This post is about what's in the picture because a couple of the designs are damn cool.

I don't give a rip what the blue hairs think of it. I only care what kids we're trying to recruit think of it and if I were a kid, the corn helmet on the front page is cool and the pewter helmet with the larger red N is awesome. Also the uniform pictured under the corn helmet on the front page rocks.

Not a fan of the "giant N" helmets, though.

IMO, every major team will be forced to go down the path of futuristic looks--with the traditionalists screaming all the way--because THE KIDS LIKE THEM. I just hope we're one of the first and not one of the last.

so i was all for changing uni's for one game. i liked the throwback uni's from the 300th.

but now that everyone and their dog is talking about it and submitting uni's and whatnot, i alsmost feel like my "itch" to see a different uni has been scratched and i don't really want them to change at all.

i've never understood the black in the uni, kinda takes away from the blackshirt tradition. i can't stand the total butcher of our logo, decal's, and overall look to something unrecognizable. I like subtle, small changes that could possibly grow into being used full time. not some garish look that just falls to the bye and bye for 'marketing' sake.

basically, after seeing all the different uni's and speculation, i would go for a different font for the numbers, maybe a stripe added or taken away, a different facemask maybe. but i'm now solidly against a complete overhaul even if for only one game.

I know there is a mega long thread on uniforms. OWH published some designs in today's paper not necessarily having anything to do with what the NU athletic department is looking at.

This post is about what's in the picture because a couple of the designs are damn cool.

I don't give a rip what the blue hairs think of it. I only care what kids we're trying to recruit think of it and if I were a kid, the corn helmet on the front page is cool and the pewter helmet with the larger red N is awesome. Also the uniform pictured under the corn helmet on the front page rocks.

IMO, every major team will be forced to go down the path of futuristic looks--with the traditionalists screaming all the way--because THE KIDS LIKE THEM. I just hope we're one of the first and not one of the last.

First off, I really don't think it's just the blue hairs that have a problem with this. I am in no way a bluehair, and I don't want to see the uniforms change much.

I think that the main reason that some of us have a problem with changing the uniforms is the abandonment of identity. People have talked a LOT over the past 10 years about Nebraska's identity, often saying that we had lost it. We stopped running the option, we threw away our coaching continuity, the level of play and competition and intensity plummeted, the walk-on program fell apart, and the Big 12 changed our identity so much that we're now in the friggin Big Ten, something that would have been completely unthinkable just 15 years ago. The only thing recognizable about us any more is the classic red "N" on the helmet along with our traditional scarlet and cream jerseys. You take that away, and what are we? A middling Big Ten team in a less than desirable location that hasn't won a conference championship since 1999 and has no true rival.

How are we going to get back to winning conference and national championships by being like Oregon? Why would we abandon our history, the one thing that makes us more special than them, and the one thing that schools like Oregon can never match? Why would we choose to emulate their uniforms, where we'll never be competitive with them?

I don't think we're ever going to get the recruit who chooses his school based on their flashy uniforms. We're never going to win many recruits over with flash, because there are way too many schools that have way more flash than Nebraska. We're going to win them over with substance, with gravitas.

It's just one game, and hopefully we won't do anything particularly drastic. It'll look ridiculous and embarrassing if we come out wearing black or something that has nothing to do with what makes Nebraska football special. We'll look like we've completely forgotten who we are.

• Fire 1

First off, I really don't think it's just the blue hairs that have a problem with this. I am in no way a bluehair, and I don't want to see the uniforms change much.

I think that the main reason that some of us have a problem with changing the uniforms is the abandonment of identity. People have talked a LOT over the past 10 years about Nebraska's identity, often saying that we had lost it. We stopped running the option, we threw away our coaching continuity, the level of play and competition and intensity plummeted, the walk-on program fell apart, and the Big 12 changed our identity so much that we're now in the friggin Big Ten, something that would have been completely unthinkable just 15 years ago. The only thing recognizable about us any more is the classic red "N" on the helmet along with our traditional scarlet and cream jerseys. You take that away, and what are we? A middling Big Ten team in a less than desirable location that hasn't won a conference championship since 1999 and has no true rival.

How are we going to get back to winning conference and national championships by being like Oregon? Why would we abandon our history, the one thing that makes us more special than them, and the one thing that schools like Oregon can never match? Why would we choose to emulate their uniforms, where we'll never be competitive with them?

I don't think we're ever going to get the recruit who chooses his school based on their flashy uniforms. We're never going to win many recruits over with flash, because there are way too many schools that have way more flash than Nebraska. We're going to win them over with substance, with gravitas.

It's just one game, and hopefully we won't do anything particularly drastic. It'll look ridiculous and embarrassing if we come out wearing black or something that has nothing to do with what makes Nebraska football special. We'll look like we've completely forgotten who we are.

It's ONE game.

It's not throwing away history by switching it up once a year.

Michigan, Ohio State, LSU, etc have all done it and look at them. They're all still very relevant.

Besides, it's what the players want. They don't want to be compared to previous years. They are their own team and their own chapter in the Husker history books. Let them do it their way.

• Fire 1