Nebraska Alternative (aka Sacrilegious) Uniform Slamma Ramma Extravaganza 2012

Not sure when if it has been mentioned in this thread (I really don't want to go back and sift through the 9 pages), but does anyone have a general idea of when they are going to show the uniforms to the public?

Knowing Bo? We'll first see them when the guys run out of the tunnel.

Wrote this in another thread but it should be here:

Someone on another board just confirmed both NU and Wisco will have special unis the September 29th game.

Linky poo?

No link. It's a paid site and some poster, who has a good reputation, says he knows. Said we will be wearing all red uniforms with a black N on the chest and black helmets with a red N. Wisconsin will be wearing all white with red lettering.

Take it for what it's worth.

Interesting.

Now someone needs to make up a mock version so we can discuss it. Ready, go!

Someone on another board just confirmed both NU and Wisco will have special unis the September 29th game.

Linky poo?

No link. It's a paid site and some poster, who has a good reputation, says he knows. Said we will be wearing all red uniforms with a black N on the chest and black helmets with a red N. Wisconsin will be wearing all white with red lettering.

Doesn't Wisconsin always wear all whites with red lettering in away games?

That would be seriously disappointing. All of this hoopla for a copycat michigan game.

Agreed. If we're going to jump on the uniform bandwagon, we should at least do it in our own way.

I'm hoping this source is wrong.

I want our uniform to be unique, not a Michigan hand-me-down.

To Lyons in the Sea of Red's and Maudfather's point, the description does not sound appealing. The poster did say he saw the actual design and said we will look great.

I truly have no concrete info here and just passing along what I read on another message board. Maybe the above describtion will look good or maybe will get something completely different.

or maybe it's the athletic department messing with people again. I'm sure everyone still remembers the tweets from them with the black helmet in the background before the Wisconsin game.

There was an article, I think it was OWH, where they interviewed the guy who posts alternate uni designs all the time. I think he said something along the lines as if you're going to do throwback, go throwback, if your going to do a futuristic, do it big. There is no middle ground, because then you become tacky; and I couldn't agree more. If they want to do this right they need to swing for the fences.

Linky poo?

Interesting.

If I wasn't so insanely busy the next 3 days, I would. If no one has tried anything by the time I get a chance, I will give it a shot.

Linky poo?

Interesting.

If I wasn't so insanely busy the next 3 days, I would. If no one has tried anything by the time I get a chance, I will give it a shot.

I don't think you understand the importance of this! ;)

I actually made a mock version in Paint. It looks like the back seat of the car that Mr. Orange bled all over in Reservoir Dogs.

Linky poo?

Interesting.

DOOOO IT ICE!