Nebraska Alternative (aka Sacrilegious) Uniform Slamma Ramma Extravaganza 2012

I hope they don't release them until they come running out of the tunnel! Look at the buzz it has caused in this thread alone. It is a big deal and we could use a positive buzz something to pump the players up and give the recruits something to talk about on twiiter and a couple more seconds on sports center wouldn't hurt either.

It creates a buzz and gives the players a little extra motivation for whatever game they are for.

exactly, it is about the players. frankly, we need to do this for recruits; it creates buzz and makes us seem more exciting (a perception we need a bit of help with). the fans may love it or hate it (i am excited for it) but it should be for the players, present and future. every other game they were uniforms for the past players, allow one for them.

I agree with this aspect completely. When I think of what should be done in regards to design, I dont think anything ridiculous should be in order, but when viewing a game from 90 rows up or on TV, there is a noticeable difference from our regular uniforms. That doesnt mean that the color or helmet have to change.

I hope they don't release them until they come running out of the tunnel! Look at the buzz it has caused in this thread alone. It is a big deal and we could use a positive buzz something to pump the players up and give the recruits something to talk about on twiiter and a couple more seconds on sports center wouldn't hurt either.

that could be a good idea, but once they get here it will be hard for them not to get leaked. There are lots of people other than the players that will see them, and it only takes one picture on the internet to go viral.

It creates a buzz and gives the players a little extra motivation for whatever game they are for.

exactly, it is about the players. frankly, we need to do this for recruits; it creates buzz and makes us seem more exciting (a perception we need a bit of help with). the fans may love it or hate it (i am excited for it) but it should be for the players, present and future. every other game they were uniforms for the past players, allow one for them.

I've always pretty much ignored uniform discussions because I just want them to play football, but listening to some of these pressers today, these guys were excited about their new uniforms. One of the Northwestern players especially was happy about them.

If it gets the kids excited, that's a small price to pay. Let's do an alternate once a year.

times have changed and it could be the difference for a recruit, with so many schools doing it.

but it does have to be extremely limited or else it will lose its luster and just be another stupid gimmick. also, you just can not beat the traditional look.

Yes. All sports. And all the uniforms are supposed to be designed allong the same theme; "reclaim the stripe".....

As far as Husker Uni's go, I am torn.... I think it can be fun and exciting. Recruiting purposes are legitimate, but really not that big of a deal imo. And Im a graphic designer, so the creative in me is excited for it....... But I get the feeling that Wisconsin will be wearing a uniform that looks closer to our traditional [road]uniforms than we will. And that will annoy the hell out of me.

Hmmm, now I am not sure, I started a thread with this same clip. This guy has his first post and this is what he posts, basically around the same time that it was posted on another site.

I mean it's definitely real. There's no way someone could fake that unless they have both the editing skill and money to create such a convincing fake. And it's exactly like the Michigan and Texas A&M packages that Adidas has already revealed.

As for the other site, I'm not sure to which you're referring. I saw it on the Chris Creamer logo forum. If you're talking about the Nebraska scout forum, than that was just me posting the same thing that I posted above.

Michiganesque with that "N" on the front. I really liked Michigan's throwback last year; i think that will work for you guys.

It's an ode to our old uniforms.Nebraska.jpg

I was assuming that was the case; i like it, but i'm not a Nebraska guy, so not sure how you guys feel.