Vote for College Gameday to film a commercial here!

Those nc state guys had it botted in about 2 minutes flat. The aTm nerds had the nc state bot on steroids about 3 minutes after that. I know practically nothing about computer science, but it was increasingly clear that there was more than one huge loophole in the code, and most any undergrad with knowledge of html had it licked. Either ESPN is really dumb, or lazy. Or both.

Add me to the group ashamed that we joined the bot war. The evil empire - ut - kept their hands clean.

Just sayin'.

I gotcha knapp.

What does make your point of it being freakishly easy was the fact that like 7 schools all had a bot up and running. I just kind of doubt that ESPN or whoever has a large amount of money to allocate just for the purpose of making a College Gameday poll secure

I think I worded that badly. I meant more along the lines of, there's no way they're going to budget any meaningful amount of money for that purpose haha

I think you're right that they won't (or at least, haven't) but they should, or this kind of thing is going to keep happening.

We agree that they're never going to make it absolutely secure, but they can tighten it up quite a bit, and probably wouldn't have to spend a boatload of cash to do it, either. There has to be a happy medium, somewhere.

ESPN flubbed the whole poll idea. It's a must to secure a poll like this. It's good business.

Why does ESPN want (should want) to invest in securing a poll like this? Because if a school like Middle Tennessee wins.... they set up to shoot the commercial and 5 people show up. The whole commercial ends up being crappy. Resulting in nobody wanting to watch College Gameday. Next thing you know, their numbers drop off and the strong pillar of college athletics starts to go with it. ESPN goes bankrupt, making sports less popular and participation goes down. Before you know it.... Armageddon. All because ESPN didn't want to drop a few pennies on security.

297238_o.gif