Vote for College Gameday to film a commercial here!

Hating ESPN because you think they hate your team makes you look stupid.

Not an opinion. A mathematical fact.

And yeah. They're in the Entertainments business. As is the rest of Sports. I'd be fascinated to see how this board would fill 24/7 of programming.

So there's no better way to cover sports than the way ESPN does? Good to know that they're perfect, and no critique can be laid at their feet.

And yeah. They're in the Entertainments business. As is the rest of Sports. I'd be fascinated to see how this board would fill 24/7 of programming.

So there's no better way to cover sports than the way ESPN does? Good to know that they're perfect, and no critique can be laid at their feet.

Let's put it this way: ESPN covers sports better than Fox and CNN cover news. That's actually kinda sad.

And my suggesting there's too much irrational ESPN hatred is a far cry from saying no critique can be laid at their feet. That's the kind of thin-skinned petulance that makes me think ESPN-haters aren't really paying attention.

Ball's in your court. How would you cover sports 24/7?

Let's put it this way: ESPN covers sports better than Fox and CNN cover news. That's actually kinda sad.

And my suggesting there's too much irrational ESPN hatred is a far cry from saying no critique can be laid at their feet. That's the kind of thin-skinned petulance that makes me think ESPN-haters aren't really paying attention.

How do you feel about Bo Pelini?

Also, most people don't hate ESPN. They don't like the disproportionate coverage they give to certain teams, which is an undeniable fact.

Thin-skinned petulance? Oh, goodness. :laughpound

I don't have to be a better passer than Taylor Martinez to know he's not good at passing. In much the same way, I don't have to have an iron-clad plan on how to cover sports 24/7 to know that ESPN has flaws, and to voice those flaws.

Sorry that I was just joking around last response. Honest answer - I'd put more women's college volleyball on. I'd slot two hours for a match, and if it wrapped up quicker I'd have my studio guys standing by to chit-chat until the next match started. More college baseball. More college sports of all kinds. Women's BB. Softball. College golf. Stuff like that.

Less talking heads. Less catch-phrase-driven shows. Let the sports be the stars, not the commentators. More shows like 30/30 or Outside the Lines, and less Around the Horn and PTI (although I don't mind PTI). I know ATH and PTI are very cheap to produce and have bigger audiences, but I'd prefer more sports and less of that stuff.

Sorry that I was just joking around last response. Honest answer - I'd put more women's college volleyball on. I'd slot two hours for a match, and if it wrapped up quicker I'd have my studio guys standing by to chit-chat until the next match started. More college baseball. More college sports of all kinds. Women's BB. Softball. College golf. Stuff like that.

Less talking heads. Less catch-phrase-driven shows. Let the sports be the stars, not the commentators. More shows like 30/30 or Outside the Lines, and less Around the Horn and PTI (although I don't mind PTI). I know ATH and PTI are very cheap to produce and have bigger audiences, but I'd prefer more sports and less of that stuff.

I agree about the only show on there I like is the 30/30. I've also started to like their version of hard knocks that HBO does but with college teams.

I'd agree that the sports ESPN chooses to cover, they do it the best. But thats my problem with ESPN. They're the most influential sports station, and they're also the most agenda driven. They're too much like the "news". Too agenda and rumor driven and not enough fact and balance driven.

If one didn't know much about sports, they'd think NY is where most every team resides, there were only a few teams in each sport, and that watching soccer is more popular in this country than watching hockey.