Vote for College Gameday to film a commercial here!

It's creepy how I get two responses that sound like they're coming from the same person.

Ok...I digress.

You both make valid points. That's fine. But look at the populations that fill each stadiums. I'd be shocked if even half of Memorial Stadium had facebook accounts. Hell, I'd be stunned if a fourth of them even knew how to turn on a computer. A&M has a bigger student population...you know...people that use computers all the time? Nebraska just seems to have an aging population base amongst their fans, and that doesn't translate into computer or facebook usage. At least not a high amount. No, it's not scientific, nor was it meant to be. But I think it does play into effect.

It's creepy how I get two responses that sound like they're coming from the same person.

Ok...I digress.

You both make valid points. That's fine. But look at the populations that fill each stadiums. I'd be shocked if even half of Memorial Stadium had facebook accounts. Hell, I'd be stunned if a fourth of them even knew how to turn on a computer. A&M has a bigger student population...you know...people that use computers all the time? Nebraska just seems to have an aging population base amongst their fans, and that doesn't translate into computer or facebook usage. At least not a high amount. No, it's not scientific, nor was it meant to be. But I think it does play into effect.

Ok, I can agree with that.

A&M: ~49,000 total students

UNL: ~24,000 total students

I have no idea if those numbers include satellite campuses or not but yes, it would appear that A&M has a much bigger base from which to draw.

Again, who f'ing cares. Let them have a stupid commercial.

I swear people in Nebraska go straight full retard on ESPN polls. Ironic considering all those people continually say ESPN has a strong bias against Nebraska

I've been saying this, but I've been voting and encouraging others because it seems to be important for Nebraskans. And I get it, just wish it wasn't ESPN. It's probably going to be a really stupid commercial anyway. Sadly...the SEC wins...again...that's what makes it worse.

Agree with Foppa here. I hate that this thing is being done by ESPN. It'll be a cheesy, stupid commercial. Odds are if they filmed it here it wouldn't come across as all that cool for Nebraska/Nebraskans anyway. But the exposure would be good for the school, and UNL obviously wants it, so I indulge them.

Kinda like when my kid wants to play baseball and I want them to play football because I really, really love football. So I go buy a bat and some gloves and we play catch. It's not about me, it's about the kid.

When this poll first came out, Jason Cook, A&M's VP of Communications inquired to ESPN about the commercial and what it was about. He came back and reported that it was very legit, and would be great exposure for the winning school all season long. This is why Aggies are so passionate about getting the commercial. Ags, like many Huskers, tend to view ESPN with skepticism, especially after they jumped in bed with Texas and the LHN, but this sounds ok.

Yes we get to see yet ANOTHER SEC commercial on ESPN. This is getting ridiculous and out right favoritism to one certain conference. With how much votes both A&M and Nebraska have they should do two commercials. The closes school has 40K votes compared to the 100K+ votes for A&M and Nebraska.

When this poll first came out, Jason Cook, A&M's VP of Communications inquired to ESPN about the commercial and what it was about. He came back and reported that it was very legit, and would be great exposure for the winning school all season long. This is why Aggies are so passionate about getting the commercial. Ags, like many Huskers, tend to view ESPN with skepticism, especially after they jumped in bed with Texas and the LHN, but this sounds ok.

My guess is it's something like the remake of the intro to Gameday - where the fans crowded around the stage, and the campus it takes place on are A&M. That scene "ready for some football" plays 20 times each Saturday morning. If it's anything like that - it's worth it.