Silent Commits

Based on what recruits have said and which ones have visited or have us as one of their best offers at the moment, I've made a list of possible silent commits below.

- Jerel Morrow (we are his best offer so far, close to home, really discovered his talent before anybody else big)

- DJ Foster (lives in Lincoln, originally from Bama I think... could have committed when he got his NU offer, like several in state kids do)

- Aaron Bailey (loved his visit, said we moved to the top for him, and Ohio State got their QB so they may not need him anymore)

- Joe Mathis (raved about his visit, said NU is at the top for him, he fits in well there and loves everything about the program, Michigan had been at the top but Nebraska pushed them to second. He did say he want's to take officials in the fall and wait to commit)

- Chans Cox (grandfather went to NU, dad is a big fan, he went to a game last year and loved his visit. We want him as a RB, most others are recruiting him as a LB. Could be a silent commit, but I don't think so cause he is still taking a lot of visits places and still racking in big offers)

- Jon Wiskieski (Iowa kid who has had an offer from us for a while. He hasn't gotten any big offers in a while. He could have silently committed somewhere)

- Drake Martinez (Taylor's brother. Has had an offer from us for a while and has been very quiet.)

- Mackensie Alexander (Loves Coach Joseph. Was a Tennessee commit and then de-committed when coach Joseph left. He said Nebraska was sitting really really well with him and hinted that they might be further ahead than people think. I wouldn't be surprised if this guy committed to NU just based on his relationship with coach Joseph. He's said a lot of things hinting about Nebraska.)

- Jerel Morrow - 0% - I do not understand why everyone seems to believe we are the front runner here. His recruitment is going to drag out well into the summer.

- DJ Foster - 0% 2014 kid who just visited Alabama. Glad we offered early but he won't commit for a while.

- Aaron Bailey - 35% - Only one with real reason to be a commit.

- Joe Mathis - 5% - The fact that he raved about his visit means very little to me.

- Chans Cox - 0%

- Jon Wiskieski - 5% - maybe but heard nothing of this to be the case

- Drake Martinez - 5% - nothing has been said about Drake in what feels like a year. Putting it at 5% just in case.

- Mackensie Alexander - 0%

Added my percentages to what you believe as chances at silent commits.

I would have had Zach Hannon on the list and put him at about 5%. There's been questions as to if we have 2 or 3 silent commits and if the silent commits included Courtney Love. I believe it did include Love and that we have one more. Could be wrong but that is my current thought.

Based on what recruits have said and which ones have visited or have us as one of their best offers at the moment, I've made a list of possible silent commits below.

- Jerel Morrow (we are his best offer so far, close to home, really discovered his talent before anybody else big)

- DJ Foster (lives in Lincoln, originally from Bama I think... could have committed when he got his NU offer, like several in state kids do)

- Aaron Bailey (loved his visit, said we moved to the top for him, and Ohio State got their QB so they may not need him anymore)

- Joe Mathis (raved about his visit, said NU is at the top for him, he fits in well there and loves everything about the program, Michigan had been at the top but Nebraska pushed them to second. He did say he want's to take officials in the fall and wait to commit)

- Chans Cox (grandfather went to NU, dad is a big fan, he went to a game last year and loved his visit. We want him as a RB, most others are recruiting him as a LB. Could be a silent commit, but I don't think so cause he is still taking a lot of visits places and still racking in big offers)

- Jon Wiskieski (Iowa kid who has had an offer from us for a while. He hasn't gotten any big offers in a while. He could have silently committed somewhere)

- Drake Martinez (Taylor's brother. Has had an offer from us for a while and has been very quiet.)

- Mackensie Alexander (Loves Coach Joseph. Was a Tennessee commit and then de-committed when coach Joseph left. He said Nebraska was sitting really really well with him and hinted that they might be further ahead than people think. I wouldn't be surprised if this guy committed to NU just based on his relationship with coach Joseph. He's said a lot of things hinting about Nebraska.)

Foster is not a silent commit visting bamas combine next week. Alexander would be a fantastic get though. Wiskieski would be fine. None of these Would be silent commits in my opinion.

- Jerel Morrow - 0% - I do not understand why everyone seems to believe we are the front runner here. His recruitment is going to drag out well into the summer.

- DJ Foster - 0% 2014 kid who just visited Alabama. Glad we offered early but he won't commit for a while.

- Joe Mathis - 5% - The fact that he raved about his visit means very little to me.

- Chans Cox - 0%

- Drake Martinez - 5% - nothing has been said about Drake in what feels like a year. Putting it at 5% just in case.

I would have had Zach Hannon on the list and put him at about 5%. There's been questions as to if we have 2 or 3 silent commits and if the silent commits included Courtney Love. I believe it did include Love and that we have one more. Could be wrong but that is my current thought.

Love was one of them, but DaSkers has stated that there were 3 in total. That means there are 2 more, my guess is Bailey is one. Not sure on the other, maybe Hannon.

- Chans Cox - 0%

Love was one of them, but DaSkers has stated that there were 3 in total. That means there are 2 more, my guess is Bailey is one. Not sure on the other, maybe Hannon.

I hope it is Bailey. Going to say it was Bailey, Love, and hmmmmmmm Sam Radiron as the darkhorse of all darkhorses.

My understanding is that we had 3... one was Love, one was Bailey, and the third won't come out until fall. When Bailey visited Illinois and then committed to them it shocked the staff. They thought for sure they had Bailey. He had told the staff that he thought NU was going to be the right place for him. They found out a few days before it went public that he had firmly committed to Illinois on his visit and that's why we saw movement in Louisiana for that QB... the staff wasn't looking at him as a second option, they had just found out about Bailey and were moving on to their next target. The Louisiana kid is going to get his offer within the next week after Tim Beck sees him throw.

From the movement i've seen with our staff they aren't looking to get 2 QB's in this class. They may go for a second later on in the process IF the numbers allow them to, but right now they're looking at taking 1 QB. They're also looking at taking only 2 Linebackers.... i thought they'd take at least 3... but here's the deal... Afalava is not going to make it to campus this fall. Brown is on the line so he may or may not make it. That means we most likely see these 2 kids come in in the spring or a year late so it puts us at 4LB for 2013... my guess is the staff knows and understands this which is why they're only taking 2 in this class and is also why these 2 kids understand they have a lot of opportunity to earn early playing time.

• Fire 1