The 'We Should Fire Our Coach' Thread

Not sure if Bo has to go, there seem to be some fairly, well, dumb players doing pretty dumb things. Now Bo doesnt strike me as a cuddly type, so I dont think he is to soft with these guys, so why all the silly mistakes. There is little he can do about dropped balls and bad penalties are a matter of discipline, but like I said, I have a feeling he keeps drilling some of the guys and it just doesnt sink in while on the field with "animal" mode on. I think he does the best with what he has, best you can hope for is some better and smarter recruits.

I said this last year about Huskers, need to cut out the mistakes and improve special teams, unfortunetelly both issues seem to persist.

Being ranked 5th in rushing means nothing if you cant do it against good teams, not to mention against bad teams.. and how good is Northwestern? Nebraska's statistics are against nobodies.. And thats the whole point!!. Northwestern stinks, but they shut our vaunted rushing attack down... and who is Northwestern? Look? I love Nebraska, I hate it with all my heart to see them lose.. We were extremely lucky to win today, But the problem is Northwestern isnt very good.... which means we aint either...(how sad) .. And after 5 years, this is what we are?. Why cant you guys see how disgusting this is..Its pathetic.. Because we dont play football as a team.. Our coaches care more for whats in style than what actually wins football games. Because our coaches think they are football gurus, by doing it this way......This team just about made me puck! puke! Because we should have lost to Little Northwestern.

Why is it when we win, the opposing team sucks?

I didn't realize FLU was back... and if our opposing teams didn't suck than we we couldn't bi*ch all week and have a roast of Bo Pelini. Oh almost forgot FIRE BARNEY! lol :sarcasm

What K state is doing in every facet of the game is really finally opening my eyes to the fact Bo may not be our guy. at KSU, I dont see any of the problems on the field. and when was the last time you saw Bill Snyder lose his composure with anyone to make his team and players play better.... there is no skitzo on the sideline. i think he is the benchmark of college football right now...his kids play hard for him and themselves and it shows up in dominant wins.

• Fire 1

Before today's game, I was thinking that if we continue to get embarrassed in the big games (which could definitely still happen btw) that Bo would have one more year to prove that "Nebraska is back, and here to stay" as he so eloquently put it a couple years ago.

When NW went up 28-16 in the 4th today, I honestly thought we would lose today's game, then go on to lose to Michigan (high probability of losing), lose on the road to MSU (gonna be awfully tough to beat them), and then lose to Penn St (playing arguably the best football of any B1G team at the moment). That, my friends, would be a total of 6 losses and only 4 wins heading into our last 2 games of the year. I realize that may be a bit dramatic to think such things, but if that were the case and we barely became bowl-eligible this year (or worse, missed a bowl), then I'd say Pelini returning for a 6th season would be a HUGE question mark.

Oh and I'm not sure this has been mentioned, but I do think this entire conversation boils down to money. Our new AD may not want to face a situation where we need to get a new head coach, but I'm thinking the people who really matter are the people who are largely responsible for financial donations. What if they don't like Pelini to begin with (as previously mentioned in this thread, he's not the most cuddly guy)? If money is power, which it is in this world, then I'd think Pelini could very easily get the boot.

What K state is doing in every facet of the game is really finally opening my eyes to the fact Bo may not be our guy. at KSU, I dont see any of the problems on the field. and when was the last time you saw Bill Snyder lose his composure with anyone to make his team and players play better.... there is no skitzo on the sideline. i think he is the benchmark of college football right now...his kids play hard for him and themselves and it shows up in dominant wins.

Exactly. Let's face it BOs Approach isn't working. Just looks at the same things we continue to struggle with.

We can't get guys on and off the field in time, which forces us to call more defensive tos than I've seen in a long time.

Our guys are pointing at each other every time the other team makes a big play like its the other persons fault.

Baptiste is over there jawing at the other bench and players right before he gets toasted for a td.(no discipline)

We continue to be an embarrassing national leader in turnovers.

Our leader looks like an ass in front of every national audience.

We continue to waste redshirt/non redshirt years

The players are actually now yelling back at pelini and

• Fire 1

With a new D coordinator, you're going to get some issues with timing, especially when you're going against teams that run a real hurry up some of the time. It's an area that needs work, but it's also something you see every single Saturday across many teams playing. Even with assisstants that are established in their jobs for years.

When a team makes a big play, it's almost always due to a blown coverage or scheme on the defense. Players aren't allowed to be confused if it was really their fault? The coaches sort that out on the sideline and then again in film later. Again, this happens all the time each Saturday for teams all over the country.

No player on any respectable team has ever jawed at the other team, right? Derp.

Turnovers are ridiculous, no question there.

I think you want to believe he looks like an ass in front of a national audience. It's too bad you're so offended by his looks. You might send him a letter suggesting a nose job or something?

Which aspect of redshirts are you referring to, exactly?

And no player has ever snapped back at their coach in the history of college football...

So yeah, you're really reaching with a lot of it. Good going.

I'd agree with most of that, but the "our leader looks like an a$$ in front of every national audience" statment. One that's completely unfair because ever since the aTm game in 2010 whenever a game is on TV they seem to have one camera on Bo the entire time. Of course this is going to catch any little moment of anger that Bo expresses and is complete B.S. because there are several coaches that blow a gasket on TV or on the sidelines or in the press conference and no one makes a big deal about it or cares. Need examples? Brian Kelly at ND, Paul Rhodes at ISU, Mark Dantonio at MSU...............etc, etc.

With a new D coordinator, you're going to get some issues with timing, especially when you're going against teams that run a real hurry up some of the time. It's an area that needs work, but it's also something you see every single Saturday across many teams playing. Even with assisstants that are established in their jobs for years.

When a team makes a big play, it's almost always due to a blown coverage or scheme on the defense. Players aren't allowed to be confused if it was really their fault? The coaches sort that out on the sideline and then again in film later. Again, this happens all the time each Saturday for teams all over the country.

No player on any respectable team has ever jawed at the other team, right? Derp.

Turnovers are ridiculous, no question there.

I think you want to believe he looks like an ass in front of a national audience. It's too bad you're so offended by his looks. You might send him a letter suggesting a nose job or something?

Which aspect of redshirts are you referring to, exactly?

And no player has ever snapped back at their coach in the history of college football...

So yeah, you're really reaching with a lot of it. Good going.

Seems like you want to follow me around on this board and ask me stupid questions ...

First your wrong on all your comments on defense. No I don't see other teams around the country doing what we do. Ever. They aren't running all over the place trying to line up looking at coaches to see where they go. Putting their hands up in the air while looking at the sideline. No you don't see that from good teams every Saturday. We see that with this team EVERY SAT.

We redshirt athletes who can help us immediately and the we pull redshirted from guys who take 5 snaps a Season That's the redshirt issue.

And several have stated this before, stop training your coaches on the job! It's not working. Hire seasoned qualified coaches. The d coordinator has been in the program long enough we shouldn't be making the same mistakes.

I'd agree with most of that, but the "our leader looks like an a$$ in front of every national audience" statment. One that's completely unfair because ever since the aTm game in 2010 whenever a game is on TV they seem to have one camera on Bo the entire time. Of course this is going to catch any little moment of anger that Bo expresses and is complete B.S. because there are several coaches that blow a gasket on TV or on the sidelines or in the press conference and no one makes a big deal about it or cares. Need examples? Brian Kelly at ND, Paul Rhodes at ISU, Mark Dantonio at MSU...............etc, etc.

That's a fair response.

Very confused as how Bo is responsible for fumbles. Still confused how NW had 38 plays averaging 2.3 a play is bad in some Huskers eyes. Still confused on How husker fans are upset with Bo on this one? You might want to be mad at the players that fumbled the ball. 13 Touchdown passes 4 picks and there are some on this board that want Martinez gone. Cant wait for the light to click on and this team not shoot themselves in the foot. If that ever happens this team will be a BEAST!

• Fire 3

Theyre just motivating their team. Like the Dantonio presser a few weeks back where he acted like a complete ass, way worse than Bo has ever done, but national talksters said he was just trying to motivate his team. Give me a f'ing break.

Before today's game, I was thinking that if we continue to get embarrassed in the big games (which could definitely still happen btw) that Bo would have one more year to prove that "Nebraska is back, and here to stay" as he so eloquently put it a couple years ago.

When NW went up 28-16 in the 4th today, I honestly thought we would lose today's game, then go on to lose to Michigan (high probability of losing), lose on the road to MSU (gonna be awfully tough to beat them), and then lose to Penn St (playing arguably the best football of any B1G team at the moment). That, my friends, would be a total of 6 losses and only 4 wins heading into our last 2 games of the year. I realize that may be a bit dramatic to think such things, but if that were the case and we barely became bowl-eligible this year (or worse, missed a bowl), then I'd say Pelini returning for a 6th season would be a HUGE question mark.

Oh and I'm not sure this has been mentioned, but I do think this entire conversation boils down to money. Our new AD may not want to face a situation where we need to get a new head coach, but I'm thinking the people who really matter are the people who are largely responsible for financial donations. What if they don't like Pelini to begin with (as previously mentioned in this thread, he's not the most cuddly guy)? If money is power, which it is in this world, then I'd think Pelini could very easily get the boot.

Your last paragraph scares me the most. It is a possibility. That's the issue here. Ive said it many times. If we fire this guy who consistently wins 9-10 games a year and does again this, who graduates pretty much everyone, who it's obvious the players love, who does it all right and his players never have run'ins with the law (we can count on one hand the law breaking incidents of his player, some programs cant get through a week on that anymore) and so. If he's fired after 9 or 10 wins this year because some rich ass prick booster on an ego trip dont like him and they bought this AD to do so, I am done with Nebraska football. It will be a crock of sh#t that will put on the laughing pedastal throughout the country and the damage would be irreparable, and would then know what it's like to be like Kansas St was for a 100 years, and I would easily choose not to take part in it. So the folks supposedly calling the shots better think clearly when the season's over.

• Fire 1