The 'We Should Fire Our Coach' Thread

I think the OP is correct. Bo should be replaced along with the recruiting guys. I am sure there are better coaches looking for an opportunity at Nebraska.

Then who?? You're not going to get anyone worth a damn, unless you've got the jumper cables hooked up to some long dead coaching legend...

I don't know, but I do know he's not really getting the job done. I am a life long Chargers fan too praying they dump Norv Turner & AJ Smith, feel my pain.

Life long Charger fan. OK that explains alot.

I think the OP is correct. Bo should be replaced along with the recruiting guys. I am sure there are better coaches looking for an opportunity at Nebraska.

Then who?? You're not going to get anyone worth a damn, unless you've got the jumper cables hooked up to some long dead coaching legend...

I don't know, but I do know he's not really getting the job done. I am a life long Chargers fan too praying they dump Norv Turner & AJ Smith, feel my pain.

Life long Charger fan. OK that explains alot.

A life-long Chargers fan? Wow, I've heard rumors that such a mythical creature existed. But I've never actually encountered one before. Even when I lived in Southern California.

RichS, as a Chargers fan you should be used to waiting for decades to see your team improve. :lol:

So except for the handful of deranged FIRE BO NOW! partisans, most of us seem in agreement that Bo's seat is definitely warm, he will by all accounts be given a sixth season in which we would really like to see some improvement.

Shut down HuskerBoard.com now?

I think we have to let the season play out before declaring whether or not Bo's seat is warm. If we make the Big 10 title game and happen to win it making a BCS bowl, Bo's seat is nice and cool. If we drop a couple more games and go to a mediocre bowl and lose, Bo's seat is pretty warm.

So except for the handful of deranged FIRE BO NOW! partisans, most of us seem in agreement that Bo's seat is definitely warm, he will by all accounts be given a sixth season in which we would really like to see some improvement.

Shut down HuskerBoard.com now?

I think Bo needs to realize that the guy who hired him won't be around in two months, there are many fundamental issues with his team that you wouldn't expect to see in a fifth-year head coach (even if this is your first head coaching gig), and that things need to improve.

I just pray that Eichorst bans use of the word "execute" on Stadium Drive. I've heard that word 1,000 times this season alone, and I'm sick of it. Don't tell me you're going to get your kids to execute, get them to execute.

Next year we'll see A LOT of new pieces on D, Knapp.

We don't really have much of a choice. Our top 3 LB's, both starting safeties, and 1/2 of the starting DL are gone.

I'm very curious to see what BO can do with the young uns next year. If he can't get it done with the influx of young talent (albeit inexperienced, uproven talent), I think then would be the time to reconsider his position as head coach at DONU.

• Fire 1

Next year we'll see A LOT of new pieces on D, Knapp.

We don't really have much of a choice. Our top 3 LB's, both starting safeties, and 1/2 of the starting DL are gone.

I'm very curious to see what BO can do with the young uns next year. If he can't get it done with the influx of young talent (albeit inexperienced, uproven talent), I think then would be the time to reconsider his position as head coach at DONU.

The only problem I see here is just who exactly do we target if Bo doesn't "get it done" next year? We've been down the path of getting an ex-NFL guy. We've been down the path of getting a hot commodity coordinator. Do we go after a proven HC at a lower division like Ohio State did with Tressel? I agree with skersfan that we won't be ponying up 5+ million for a proven HC at the D1 level. Therefore, it would seem we probably won't be luring a Saben, Meyer, etc. I'm not saying we're out of bullets if Bo doesn't succeed, but I'm not sure we have a lot of bullets left in the gun.

You guys follow this a lot closer than I do. The only real information comes from you guys on here. The comment was just made that we are losing a ton off the defense, half the line two line backers and safetys and corner backs. That is a lot to lose, but the comment waiting to see what the new kids will bring next year even unexperienced.

Are you saying we have quality kids that have not played, that should be learning the system, in game speed and we are holding their shirts due to seniors playing. To me that is about as stupid as stupid gets. We need to quit worrying about red shirts. Talent plays and learns. We do not have a QB with experience, yet the supposed answer is wearing a red Shirt and will not see the field until next year. What happens if Taylor is killed in a car accident over the summer, breaks his leg the first game.

I know I sound uniformed on this, as I am. But it really makes no sense to me to start over with almost a whole new defense next year without experience. I know some young kids are playing occasionally, but is what I read above really the truth.

Sorry for the dumb question.

You guys follow this a lot closer than I do. The only real information comes from you guys on here. The comment was just made that we are losing a ton off the defense, half the line two line backers and safetys and corner backs. That is a lot to lose, but the comment waiting to see what the new kids will bring next year even unexperienced.

Are you saying we have quality kids that have not played, that should be learning the system, in game speed and we are holding their shirts due to seniors playing. To me that is about as stupid as stupid gets. We need to quit worrying about red shirts. Talent plays and learns. We do not have a QB with experience, yet the supposed answer is wearing a red Shirt and will not see the field until next year. What happens if Taylor is killed in a car accident over the summer, breaks his leg the first game.

I know I sound uniformed on this, as I am. But it really makes no sense to me to start over with almost a whole new defense next year without experience. I know some young kids are playing occasionally, but is what I read above really the truth.

Sorry for the dumb question.

Seriously? I think there are 1,345,286.924 different things you couldve said that would prevent him from playing next year. C'mon man.

The kid lives in SoCal, trust me it happens, but that does not answer my questions. Actually just as likely to be hit by a drive by shooting. You live in Nebraska, we have 500 homicides a year in the LA area, that does not even cover the 8 to 9 million living out side of the inner city.

I agree though could have used a better idea.

Bob Stoops says he only recruits kids ready to play as freshmen, exceptions I am sure. But why are we so set on having these star player set the bench for a year, when what we have on the field is not working. If they are as good as some say, they may not be here their senior year anyway.

If we were stock piled with senior all americans at every position and juniors waiting in the wings I could see it, but if there is talent setting it appears to me we could use it.

The kid lives in SoCal, trust me it happens, but that does not answer my questions. Actually just as likely to be hit by a drive by shooting. You live in Nebraska, we have 500 homicides a year in the LA area, that does not even cover the 8 to 9 million living out side of the inner city.

I agree though could have used a better idea.

Bob Stoops says he only recruits kids ready to play as freshmen, exceptions I am sure. But why are we so set on having these star player set the bench for a year, when what we have on the field is not working. If they are as good as some say, they may not be here their senior year anyway.

If we were stock piled with senior all americans at every position and juniors waiting in the wings I could see it, but if there is talent setting it appears to me we could use it.

I'm glad you see my point. We're on the same page.