The 'We Should Fire Our Coach' Thread

Just remember skersfan this ain't the Northwestern of the 90's or the previous 3 decades. There's no reason we shouldn't beat them but they are a well coached team that plays sound football, and if you don't bring your A game that is always dangerous in this day and age.

BRI,

I do not like Bo, do not think he was the right choice. Have said I see improvement in him. But I feel he has the exact same problems as Clownahan, to loyal to friends. Not hiring qualified coaches, when in reality he is not qualified. He needs help big time and has since the first day he got here. I thought Tom would help him learn the ropes, but he was forced down Tom's throat so maybe that is the reason.

I want quality assistants, meaning experienced DC and OC. We need help in recruiting badly. Zook or Stoops would have been a tremendous addition to this program I think. There are others out there I am sure. We short step it all the time. I am not sure if it is Bo picking these low cost assistants or he is being forced by pay structure. But our problem is coaching and recruiting and if we bomb out the rest of the tough games by chance the recruiting will only go down hill. More losses will mean more calls for Bo's head and that will kill the recruiting.

He has to clean house, be given a budget that he can bring in competent assistants. Kirby Smart at Bama is making 1.8 million as a DC to a supposed defensive genious head coach who makes 6 million plus. Bama wanted to win and opened the pocket book. This University has the money to do the same.

I think Bo is a good man, much better than I thought originally. He does a lot of things right, and in some areas has enhanced the university. He is not a good face for the program, but has made tremendous improvement on that side. But he does not know how to do the job, does not have experienced assistants to help him learn and allow him to his job. He has to help them learn theirs. Too much for one person to do and succeed I am afraid. I think he is still heavily involved in the offense and the defense, where he should only be overseeing. That is his job. NOT on the job training himself and 4 or 5 other coaches.

We can not fire Bo, it would kill this program, but he needs help, a lot of it.

9 wins is not the standard. It means less now than when Osborne coached. Why? Because for 2 of the 5 years Pelini has been here, he has had 2 extra games to do it (since the early part of the 2000's teams have played 12 regular season games versus 11 when Osborne coached). Also, he made 2 CCG's.

Don't mean to come across as harsh

If you like I can draw you a graph.

So you were j/k?

Heh yeah, not trying to insult my intelligence or anything...

Sorry to come across as a condescending a-hole. But you can explain to me how the information I posted does not demonstrate a downward trend.

It's time for YOU to get the F*#K off this BOARD

Alpha Mike Foxtrot

But, my criteria for Bo is for him to clean house on the inadequate coaches and replace them with folks who know how to recruit and how to coach their positions. Start first with Barney Cotton and then move on to get rid of Papuchis.

Once I got to this point in your post, I didn't even read any further. Who care what your criteria is? Are the boosters, or the AD, or the Chancellor, or even the president of NU, calling you?

The oline is improving. The defense has their moments. The position coaches all seem to be doing a pretty good job. Is there room for improvement? Sure. But firing coaches, especially now, will not fix that.

Well, you should have read further! Otherwise, who cares what you think? As a head coach, you are only as good as those who are around you! And for Pelini, he struggles. Enough said.

Nick Saban and Bama lost 4 games in his 4th year. OMG 4 GAMES!!??.

3 games, actually (one by a single point to that year's nat'l champ, the others on the road). And it's a bit different losing a few games when that 10-3 season is sandwiched between 2 nat'l championship seasons...

Everything that is said here is by someone who gets it, thank you! You have a few losses in a season it's not a big deal as long as you've won something of substance before that season and then turn it around and do it again.

It's time for YOU to get the F*#K off this BOARD

Alpha Mike Foxtrot

But, my criteria for Bo is for him to clean house on the inadequate coaches and replace them with folks who know how to recruit and how to coach their positions. Start first with Barney Cotton and then move on to get rid of Papuchis.

Once I got to this point in your post, I didn't even read any further. Who care what your criteria is? Are the boosters, or the AD, or the Chancellor, or even the president of NU, calling you?

The oline is improving. The defense has their moments. The position coaches all seem to be doing a pretty good job. Is there room for improvement? Sure. But firing coaches, especially now, will not fix that.

Well, you should have read further! Otherwise, who cares what you think? As a head coach, you are only as good as those who are around you! And for Pelini, he struggles. Enough said.

I think those around him are quite talented and need more than 9 months to make an impact on a program. Some are still learning the whole process of their role, but fans like yourself, don't like to give someone a shot, besides one season. I bet you were also someone who was calling for Time Beck's head last year too huh? I bet you think he is quite a good OC now too huh?

so, have we made a decision yet? does bo get to stay or does he have to go?

Bo stays. Sheesh.

Yup! We win the B1G and Bo gets an extention!

Me too

GSG gets an "extension" from NU winning the B1G, and also from hot anime ponies. LINK :lol: