Best running back for 2013

:backtotopic I would love to see Cross and Marrow be everything that I have been hoping they would be. I guess as a RB, Abdullah hasn't especially excited me with his potential like he has as a returner. I just have a feeling that if and when Jamal Turner gets his brain working completely, he could potentially take the returner jobs from Abdullah as well.

I just enjoy watching big RBs run people over and punish the other team every time they run the ball, and both Cross and Marrow have the build to pull that off. Both are said to be built like brick $hithouses, so I hope that translates to a powerful running game on the field.

:backtotopic I would love to see Cross and Marrow be everything that I have been hoping they would be. I guess as a RB, Abdullah hasn't especially excited me with his potential like he has as a returner. I just have a feeling that if and when Jamal Turner gets his brain working completely, he could potentially take the returner jobs from Abdullah as well.

I just enjoy watching big RBs run people over and punish the other team every time they run the ball, and both Cross and Marrow have the build to pull that off. Both are said to be built like brick $hithouses, so I hope that translates to a powerful running game on the field.

Oh, I hear ya!!

I desperately miss watching guys like Danimal running over LBs like a Mercades Benz over a paper clip. Oh p-l-e-a-s-e Beck......??? Please?

I desperately miss watching guys like Danimal running over LBs like a Mercades Benz over a paper clip.

If you're talking about who I think you're talking about, all I remember is him fumbling every other down.

That and falling over anyone that had the sense to dive at his legs rather than tackle him high, tackle him high and he'd bury you. He had great straight-ahead speed and strength but just wasn't a natural running-back.

Always thought Buckhalter should've saw more of the carries.

• Fire 1

I desperately miss watching guys like Danimal running over LBs like a Mercades Benz over a paper clip.

If you're talking about who I think you're talking about, all I remember is him fumbling every other down.

That and falling over anyone that had the sense to dive at his legs rather than tackle him high, tackle him high and he'd bury you. He had great straight-ahead speed and strength but just wasn't a natural running-back.

Always thought Buckhalter should've saw more of the carries.

Yeah, he really s*cked. Running for 865 yds with a 6.5 YPC & 8 TDs in 1999......worthless.

Buckhalter clocked in with 662 yds with a 6.0 YPC & 6 TDs. So obviously he was the much better rb? Oh...I know, I know....he had a good NFL career which proves he was the better college player (despite essentially losing the Texas game for us). I get it.

• 9 months later...

Who will win the starting role in 2013 Aaron " Leavemachine" Green or Ameer "Inserts another cool nickname here" Abdullah?

I think Green has the better tools. Bigger and stronger and able to withstand more hits at 5'11 190 then Abullah who is 5'9 and around 185.

Abdullah could win because he is lightning fast and if you dont belive me look at the game vs Fresno look at his kick return he also flat out embarresed the guy with that juke he did.

Thread has been ruined due to the Aaron Green transfer. Wasted three minutes. I made a new more appropriate nickname for Green. Leavemachine Green. See because his earlier name was Green Machine? Funny right?

Funny memories in this thread!

Running Backs

Ameer Abdullah

Braylon Heard ?? (what's the deal here?)

Adam Taylor

Murat Kuzu

Imani Cross

King Frazier

Graham Nabity

Jordan Nelson

Are all these guys practicing? Braylon? What's he doing?