WR Dominic Walker [Auburn Commit]

Nexus

This is why you don't let your recruits go on "free trips".

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Is that something the coaching staff can control?

Not sure about control but lots of staffs tell you once you commit you are done taking visits...obviously not Bo's style

Actually i think that is Bo style. I know it has been in the past. Maybe hes becoming more lienent, im not sure. I know they told Samuelson if he visited Michigan they would consider him a decommit, so it might depend on the recruits reasoning. I never liked how Dom put FSU in his top 2 when it was known that he really didnt have a commitable offer from them.

When you put out a tweet like he did a few days ago saying your solid just wanting to have a little fun and then come back a few days later and say theres a 75% chance your going to Auburn to play with your friend, i have to question your character.

• Fire 1

This is why you don't let your recruits go on "free trips".

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Is that something the coaching staff can control?

You can convince them to not go. Bo usually lets them go.

Pretty sure that is exact opposite Bo ussually takes with commits taking other visits. If you take other visits you're no longer considered a commit. Probably why NU is actively recruiting 3 other kids with another on the back burner.

Damn you Fowler!! =)

Here is a twitter convo...its from friday.

Dominic Walker@DW_SHOWTIME4

Just because im taking this official to auburn it does not mean anything im still a Nebraska cornhusker i just wanted to have some fun #GBR

K. Goelzee@Goelzee

@DW_SHOWTIME4 so you didn't tell an auburn site that you might rather play with your teammate at auburn #JustSayin

@Goelzee Lol no i said me and my teammates are visiting im #GBR

• Fire 1

Just because im taking this official to auburn it does not mean anything im still a Nebraska cornhusker i just wanted to have some fun #GBR

K. Goelzee@Goelzee

@DW_SHOWTIME4 so you didn't tell an auburn site that you might rather play with your teammate at auburn #JustSayin

Key thing here is it is from Friday. That may have been his intention going into the visit. The quote saying he is "75% sure he will play with Stevens (at Auburn)" is from today...

K. Goelzee@Goelzee

Key thing here is it is from Friday. That may have been his intention going into the visit. The quote saying he is "75% sure he will play with Stevens (at Auburn)" is from today...

Ya I didn't see it was from Friday till after I had copied and pasted everything, so I just went ahead and did it still. Hope he says N...

The truth is... ppl are out there looking to sell stories to increase hype and drams... some ppl get a kick out of that. This kid was solid to NU when he committed and had thought about us for months before he did. There is possibility he could have been so impressed with Auburn that it made him think... but I mean, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if this has turned into the game of telephone and what he originally said is completely off base now.

• Fire 2

These last few weeks of recruiting are going to be heavy on drama.

we've been on the positive end of most of it this year though. looking good so far. dan was a kick in the nuts - but nothing like losing out on Peat or Owa. we've got some momentum going right now. last year a full 1/3 of the class was taken within 2 weeks of signing day. We've signed 8 since around the 1st. I wish we could figure out how to close on this many kids in June/July/August.

These last few weeks of recruiting are going to be heavy on drama.

we've been on the positive end of most of it this year though. looking good so far. dan was a kick in the nuts - but nothing like losing out on Peat or Owa. we've got some momentum going right now. last year a full 1/3 of the class was taken within 2 weeks of signing day. We've signed 8 since around the 1st. I wish we could figure out how to close on this many kids in June/July/August.

I think it is just a matter of time that becomes the norm. We had more early commits this year than last. The staff understands that Ohio St, Michigan, and Penn St as well as other SEC and PAC 12 schools are going after it hard and they will need to do the same to keep pace. With that said, it has paid off for them in some regards to be a little patient. Taylor was committed elsewhere and Newby was under the radar so sometimes that pans out.