SIGNED RB Adam Taylor

Nexus

Any theory that suggests that the recruiting sites would downgrade Taylor because he committed to Nebraska are simply giving the recruiting sites too much credit. My theory is the recruiting sites are just now downgrading Taylor for his injury as a junior. I'm sure in March they'll review the video of TX state playoffs and bump him back up to 4 star.

Any theory that suggests that the recruiting sites would downgrade Taylor because he committed to Nebraska are simply giving the recruiting sites too much credit. My theory is the recruiting sites are just now downgrading Taylor for his injury as a junior. I'm sure in March they'll review the video of TX state playoffs and bump him back up to 4 star.

That would make sense had they downgraded him before the season started, but it doesn't when he's shown that he's just as good/maybe better than what he showed to get that original 4 star rating.

Umm....he'll be signing in February so pretty sure they will move on to 2014 class by then. March???

His size reminds me of Lawrence:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmGPFW9bYBw

That highlight video gives me chills every time I watch it. I maintain that he is the best Running back to ever play on the college level and I catch so much flak from husker fans for saying he's been my favorite husker player I have ever watched. You might question that based on my username, but originally my username was a reference to LP and I was made to change it by the mods because LP references are 'in bad taste' on HB. So I just decided to move down the list and pay homage to my second favorite husker. I would be thrilled if Adam Taylor became the next LP (strictly in a football sense).

His size reminds me of Lawrence:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmGPFW9bYBw

That highlight video gives me chills every time I watch it. I maintain that he is the best Running back to ever play on the college level and I catch so much flak from husker fans for saying he's been my favorite husker player I have ever watched. You might question that based on my username, but originally my username was a reference to LP and I was made to change it by the mods because LP references are 'in bad taste' on HB. So I just decided to move down the list and pay homage to my second favorite husker. I would be thrilled if Adam Taylor became the next LP (strictly in a football sense).

When I think LP I see a complete waste of talent. Kid had it all and basically rejected every type of guidance in his life. TO recently said that LP was one of the toughest situations for him personally during his coaching career. TO even visited LP in jail a few times.

When I think LP I see a complete waste of talent. Kid had it all and basically rejected every type of guidance in his life. TO recently said that LP was one of the toughest situations for him personally during his coaching career. TO even visited LP in jail a few times.

No argument here. But he did put that talent on display enough times for me to be completely mesmerized by him as a young kid, evidenced by that youtube video. No question that if he had even some semblance of common sense he wouldn't be in the situation he is today. Dick Vermeil tried just as hard as TO to give the kid some help in St. Louis and even cried when LP was finally let go by the Rams because he was so committed to helping him. I am saddened by his situation but I in no way feel sorry for him, he brought everything upon himself. I like to say that he is the most bipolar athlete I've ever seen, his qualities as a human being are the polar opposite of his qualities as a football player. He could have easily been the most revered player in NU history had he not been so F'd up as a person.

on his list of offers y'all left off probably the most notable one in Alabama

Understood, but I don't update a recruiting prospect's offer list. My reason for doing it this way is because I'm interested in who has already offered by the time NU offered when I create the profile. I try to be as punctual as possible when creating profiles as they show up on the recruiting sites' database. Of course recruiting sites aren't definitive with their information either. They rely on high school coaches and recruits for information. It's not an exact science.

So in Adam's case, we can roughly guess that NU was the 9th school to offer him, judging by the list that's up there right now? It's all about how soon (or late?) we offered a kid, that I'm most interested in.