Diamond formation

Oh, okay. Well, that clears it up. It's just one page ago you were fully agreeing with the statement that our offensive identity was the option.

Just think zoogies, you might might be deliriously thrilled if he chooses some fluffball offense where we throw the ball 80% of the time and our qb runs like a 3 toed sloth.

Haha! This is funny. You should look up those supposedly fluffball pass-happy offenses we had prior to Bo coming in here, look up their run pass ratio and see if it isn't around 50%.

Oh, okay. Well, that clears it up. It's just one page ago you were fully agreeing with the statement that our offensive identity was the option.

Just think zoogies, you might might be deliriously thrilled if he chooses some fluffball offense where we throw the ball 80% of the time and our qb runs like a 3 toed sloth.

Haha! This is funny. You should look up those supposedly fluffball pass-happy offenses we had prior to Bo coming in here, look up their run pass ratio and see if it isn't around 50%.

Old friend, you got me mixed up with someone else. It's ok though.

GBR!!

I don't care if we're G-Tech option, Oregon zone-read, a Missouri spread, or a Leach air-raid attack - as long as we're consistent and we execute our offense - not let the defense dictate so much of the game...we'll improve. The formation, the offense...doesn't really matter if you can't execute - and we can't execute trying to be all of the above. no college team could.

Amen.

If we where an air raid offense I would no longer be a Nebraska football fan even the spread for me is just painful to watch. I like ground and pound all the way straight running it up the middle and try and stop me. And recruit huge 320 pound lineman from all over and turn it back into the pro factory for lineman it once was.

We didn't use huge 320lb lineman when we were a power run team though, we used smaller, agile linemen. It's normally pass first offenses that go for the huge guys.

Used to is not now im not comparing to the 90's and such. I want lineman the size wisconsin recruits and develops. I want a pro factory.

I'm sure he was referring to the "90's and such" too. IIRC our old lines were more in the 290 range avg. We never had any lines comparable to Wisconsin in size across the board. And pro factory, well we ended up having quite a few from the Osborne and Solich era do pretty well in the NFL but our guys got passed over alot because they weren't typical pass pro blockers and didn't have the experience in a passing offense.

What I was trying to say was I want huge NFL sized lines that will just maul and turn it into a pro factory. I want to recruit the biggest guys we can find and plug them into our offense.

You can want in one hand and crap in the other. See which one fills up first. (Thank you, Grandpa Carlfense, for giving me that line.)

• Fire 1

What I was trying to say was I want huge NFL sized lines that will just maul and turn it into a pro factory. I want to recruit the biggest guys we can find and plug them into our offense.

You can want in one hand and crap in the other. See which one fills up first. (Thank you, Grandpa Carlfense, for giving me that line.)

tumblr_m0m983ebpB1qbuwpuo1_250.gif

HAHA! That's a good one.

tumblr_m0m983ebpB1qbuwpuo1_250.gif

Surprisingly close to reality. Love those movies.

^ that line is in those movies. the second one - grumpier....

John Gustafson: Pop, I wish you'd try the low-fat bacon.

Grandpa Gustafson: Well, you can wish in one hand and crap in the other and see which gets filled first.

Damn. Grandpa Carlfense should have been paid royalties. He died in 1993. It's a lot more widespread than I had realized.

My grandfather use to say that a bunch too...

Oh, and do not make the Diamond part of our standard package...

• 2 months later...

The diamond with Kenny Bell, Jamal Turner, Rex Burkhead, Ameer Abdullah and Enunwa (with Taylor Martinez) can give us 7-10 plays a game. Run Triple option out of it. You can throw short passes out of it in the flat or even throw to the tight end to really mess with the defense. I have seen Oklahoma use it a ton with success. We have more weapons than I have seen in a while. Let's use them. No sense in having a rocket propelled grenade launcher with RPG's sitting in the house unused while you are using a bee-bee gun to try and kill a razorback.

Let's use the RPG until it is too hot to handle.

The diamond with Kenny Bell, Jamal Turner, Rex Burkhead, Ameer Abdullah and Enunwa (with Taylor Martinez) can give us 7-10 plays a game. Run Triple option out of it. You can throw short passes out of it in the flat or even throw to the tight end to really mess with the defense. I have seen Oklahoma use it a ton with success. We have more weapons than I have seen in a while. Let's use them. No sense in having a rocket propelled grenade launcher with RPG's sitting in the house unused while you are using a bee-bee gun to try and kill a razorback.

Which player listed above is playing tight end?

Definitely can pass out of the diamond. Enunwa had his td-pass against OSU out of the diamond, and Green wide was ridiculously open on that same play on a wheel route.