SIGNED DE Peyton Newell

• 1 month later...

Man among boys. Don't Care what level u play at you that is pure domination. His tape reminds me a lot of crick. Big body guy with a high motor that can track down plays. Will be a very good d tackle once he learns to use leverage and his hands better.

I agree, working on using his hands is his biggest need. At that level he just ran through people with his shoulder....won't work at next level.

This guy will end up doing well before his time at Nebraska is up. He is pretty dang athletic for a kid his size, and once he has a redshirt year under his belt, he will be acclimated to playing against D1 caliber competition. He seems to have all the tools necessary and a great work ethic to go with it. I'm excited to see what this kid will do in the future

This guy will end up doing well before his time at Nebraska is up. He is pretty dang athletic for a kid his size, and once he has a redshirt year under his belt, he will be acclimated to playing against D1 caliber competition. He seems to have all the tools necessary and a great work ethic to go with it. I'm excited to see what this kid will do in the future

That's what impresses me the most. Yeah, he's playing against lesser competition. But he's basically playing outside linebacker in high school and projecting as a defensive tackle for us. You don't see that every day.

Love this guy and his passion for wanting to play here. Only problems I see that noticeably stand out is he tends to stand straight up on plays and relying on his size advantage. He needs to be coached to not do that or olinemen will have him on his heels. Other wise excited for this kid in the future.

Love this guy and his passion for wanting to play here. Only problems I see that noticeably stand out is he tends to stand straight up on plays and relying on his size advantage. He needs to be coached to not do that or olinemen will have him on his heels. Other wise excited for this kid in the future.

Gaining leverage against big strong boys is going to be a challenge for him. It can be taught to an extent, but certain guys are much better at knee bending and creating a good base than others. Newell almost appears a bit stiff and plays very upright. That is what concerns me. Even at the D1 level though, some guys can dominate based off strength and athleticism alone (see Vernon Gholston). Newell is a freak.