OT Christian Morris [UCLA Commit]

Looks like he is announcing today. Didn't he say he was going to make an official? I guess we know what that leads to. Hello UCLA. How many players have announced officials to us just to make their decision without actuall taking it this year? Cravens, Vanderdoes, Morris (most likely), anyone else?

Post #4.... He's still taking the official. Just after he commits.

Just committed to UCLA. Now NU has to pay for his official? What a scam.

Looks like he is announcing today. Didn't he say he was going to make an official? I guess we know what that leads to. Hello UCLA. How many players have announced officials to us just to make their decision without actuall taking it this year? Cravens, Vanderdoes, Morris (most likely), anyone else?

I thought the school pays for officials regardless of if they are committed anywhere?

To Nebraska? Lol, does he want to see a cornfield for the first time.

I've only seen one cornfield in Lincoln. He probably won't even see it.

He will pry see one or 2 on the ride from omaha to lincoln as well. My point was, no on comes here to visit just for fun, which makes it strange in my opinion

Wouldn't he just fly into Lincoln?

I thought the school pays for officials regardless of if they are committed anywhere?

Ya, I've never heard of guys having to pay their own way after committing.

While the commit certainly isn't encouraging that he has always planned to visit elsewhere speaks to the solidity of the commit. He likes UCLA and wants to hold a spot there but is still going to look at other options. That isn't how it should be with committing but with the way the recruiting cycle is speeding-up it will be increasingly more common.

I really think there NEEDS to be an early signing period in football. It would be much easier on alot of recruits and also on the coaches and programs. I really think it would save programs alot of money in the end. They would get some needs locked up early on and they would know exactly who and what positions they needed to recruit so wouldn't have to spend so much time and money on wooing recruits the entire period until February.

I really think there NEEDS to be an early signing period in football. It would be much easier on alot of recruits and also on the coaches and programs. I really think it would save programs alot of money in the end. They would get some needs locked up early on and they would know exactly who and what positions they needed to recruit so wouldn't have to spend so much time and money on wooing recruits the entire period until February.

That would benefit schools in talent rich regions and hurt NU.

I really don't think it would. I can see why someone might think that but I really don't believe it would make much difference at all.

I really don't think it would. I can see why someone might think that but I really don't believe it would make much difference at all.

Example: Top end talent in California all end up signed and locked in at USC. Some realize their chances at playing time/starting are slim, and are now unable to have the opportunity to explore options elsewhere, potentially Nebraska. With the lack of talent in our area, particularly Nebraska itself, we often need the extra time before signing day to convince prospects to continue looking at our school.

Example: Top end talent in California all end up signed and locked in at USC. Some realize their chances at playing time/starting are slim, and are now unable to have the opportunity to explore options elsewhere, potentially Nebraska. With the lack of talent in our area, particularly Nebraska itself, we often need the extra time before signing day to convince prospects to continue looking at our school.

But it goes the other way around too. If the USC's of the country sign top talent in early period, the other top talent still out there will be able to see who they have already and will be more apt to look around. It works both ways which is why I don't think it would be a big deal talent wise, but could save alot of time and money for programs and recruits.

But it goes the other way around too. If the USC's of the country sign top talent in early period, the other top talent still out there will be able to see who they have already and will be more apt to look around. It works both ways which is why I don't think it would be a big deal talent wise, but could save alot of time and money for programs and recruits.

As is the guys may not be signed but they're still committed. Other recruits looking at the class will assume the commitments will hold and those guys will eventually sign. Don't see how you'll have more guys looking around because of an early signing period. If anything it will just make kids more likely to jump at a USC offer.