Here's a quick run down, from Wiki:

Colorado:

All-time record 674–452–36 (.596)

Postseason bowl record 12–16

Claimed national titles 1

Conference titles 26

Division titles 4

Heisman winners 1

Consensus All-Americans 30 (5 unanimous)

Iowa:

All-time record 594–522–39 (.531)

Postseason bowl record 14–11–1

Conference titles 11

Heisman winners 1

Consensus All-Americans 22

At least, similar yet different resumes. But I purposefully didn't look at all-time numbers much because Colorado hasn't had near the success they had in the 90's either :P Consistent winning culture is present at Iowa, it's just not consistent winning close-to-every-game culture.

Or perhaps there are a lot of Husker fans in Iowa.

I stopped for gas in Iowa along I-80 somewhere between Des Moines and Omaha. The station had a lot school related stuff for sale like coffee mugs, t-shirts ...etc. They probably had a 5' wide section of shelves for Hawkeye stuff, an equally amount of shelving for Husker stuff and a much smaller section for Cyclone stuff. I was suprised since I really wasn't that close to the Nebraska border.

Colorado:

Conference titles 26

Division titles 4

Heisman winners 1

Iowa:

Conference titles 11

Heisman winners 1

At least, similar yet different resumes. But I purposefully didn't look at all-time numbers much because Colorado hasn't had near the success they had in the 90's either :P Consistent winning culture is present at Iowa, it's just not consistent winning close-to-every-game culture.

Colorado has the better resume. More wins, more titles, more bowl games, more All-Americans. It's not some great insult to compare Iowa's football program to them.

Colorado:

Conference titles 26

Division titles 4

Heisman winners 1

Iowa:

Conference titles 11

Heisman winners 1

Colorado has the better resume. More wins, more titles, more bowl games, more All-Americans. It's not some great insult to compare Iowa's football program to them.

Oh...Lyons was paying them a compliment?

You seem to be proposing that because Iowa isn't on the same level as Nebraska, that they are instantly as low as Colorado; there are more than two tiers of relevance in the entirety of college football.

Iowa reminds me exactly of Colorado too, but then I started getting obsessed with football in 1992, when Colorado was a very good team. Don't assume that our most predonimant thoughts on a team come from what they did last year. Also, he's clearly talking about fan bases, not how good the teams are.

As for games I look most forward to, it's Wisconsin and Michigan. It's normal to want revenge on the teams you lost to last year. Iowa lost a lot more games though so it's still more interesting that they picked us.

LOL they are a spitting image of the buffs.

They're nothing even close, but that statement is a spitting image of our arrogance as a fanbase.

There are a lot of similarities there. They are all in on this "new rivalry", like we've been at odds for decades. This will be a relevant rivalry when they've played games where both teams are ranked, and the games themselves have implications on conference and national titles, like the rivalry with the Sooners...

Until then, this is a manufactured rivalry...

They're nothing even close, but that statement is a spitting image of our arrogance as a fanbase.

Speak for yourself, Landlord. This "arrogance" is a refrain we hear far too often about our fans. If you don't like our fans, go find another team to root for. Stop bitching about people who (rightly) speak of Nebraska as one of the top programs in NCAA history. We have nothing to apologize for by speaking well of our team, or inferring that we have been good for a number of years.

• Fire 4

Iowa hasn't had an at all legitimate conference title since 1985, they've only had one somewhat notable bowl win since the 50s, and their claimed national championship is a joke. They have nothing resembling a winning culture and have very little to be proud of. Why their heads are so large over so little, I don't know. I'm just glad that we finally get to start putting them in their god damn place every single year now instead of just having to listen to the crap they spew. Our program isn't even that good anymore, but it's going to be miles ahead of Iowa's even at this level for many years to come.

Iowa hasn't had an at all legitimate conference title since 1985, they've only had one somewhat notable bowl win since the 50s, and their claimed national championship is a joke. They have nothing resembling a winning culture and have very little to be proud of. Why their heads are so large over so little, I don't know. I'm just glad that we finally get to start putting them in their god damn place every single year now instead of just having to listen to the crap they spew. Our program isn't even that good anymore, but it's going to be miles ahead of Iowa's even at this level for many years to come.

They have 3 legitimate Conference Championships since 1985. Also have an Orange Bowl win, along with two Outback Bowls, one Capital One Bowl over LSU on a Hail Mary, one losing season over the last 12 and an average of 8 wins a season and 4 top-10 finishes in the same amount of time.

They have 3 legitimate Conference Championships since 1985. Also have an Orange Bowl win, along with two Outback Bowls, one Capital One Bowl over LSU on a Hail Mary, one losing season over the last 12 and an average of 8 wins a season and 4 top-10 finishes in the same amount of time.

I would not call sharing with 3 other teams in 1990, avoiding OSU and getting horribly embarrassed twice in 2002, and losing to the team you tied with in 2004 legitimate titles. The only one you can make a case for is 02, and even then they would have gotten destroyed if they had to play OSU.

Also, their Orange Bowl? Not a big accomplishment. They fluked their way through the year to get an at large bid and then drew a very easy match. ACC is 2-13 all time in BCS bowls and Georgia Tech has lost its last 7 bowl games, it would have been embarrassing had they lost.

• Fire 1

The only one you can make a case for is 02, and even then they would have gotten destroyed if they had to play OSU.

Not at all. They would have been completely unable to move the ball, lost by a single TD and then spent the next decade talking about how the Buckeyes got 'lucky'.

Tressellball FTW!