Starting Lineup guesswork

knapplc

This is based off of Dave Revsine's tweets from yesterday's BTN-observed practice. His view of the two-deep on the Offensive Line:

RT Sirles ARod

RG Long Price

C Pensick Pelini

LG Choi Cotton

LT Qvale Moore

QB - Martinez, of course

RB - Rex, of course - although he did make specific mention of Imani Cross, saying he'd be shocked if Cross didn't get carries this year.

WR/TE - no mention, other than they seemed good. No word on starters/backups.

Defense:

DE Ankrah

DT Rome

DT Steinkuhler

DE Meredith

LB Fisher

LB Compton

LB Whaley

CB Green

S Stafford

S PJ Smith

CB Jean-Baptiste

Specifically mentioned that Charles Jackson looked good, too.

So, there you have it. Speculate away.

I'm not totally surprised by Fisher. For one, I couldn't tell you another name that would be behind those guys that isn't a freshman. And two, with the way Bo likes to play guys who perform in practice it makes since. Fisher is a smart guy and last year he was usually in the right place at the right time he just couldn't finish the play off on his own. If he can find a killer instinct he'll do alright this year, otherwise he will fill his role and not much more.

Oh Ciante Evans, where have you gone?

Good question, because I recall a quote from a pay site paper (which I won't link to or bother to find) where some coach said Ciante had a great spring and was high in the depth chart.

As far as Mo Seisay, he rolled an ankle and isn't at 100%.

Also, the reason this thread is titled "guesswork" is that nobody knows if the guys they saw are starting, in there because someone else is banged up, or because someone needed a demotion to light a fire under their butt. Nothing is settled yet, outside of QB and RB.

Oh Ciante Evans, where have you gone?

Good question, because I recall a quote from a pay site paper (which I won't link to or bother to find) where some coach said Ciante had a great spring and was high in the depth chart.

As far as Mo Seisay, he rolled an ankle and isn't at 100%.

Also, the reason this thread is titled "guesswork" is that nobody knows if the guys they saw are starting, in there because someone else is banged up, or because someone needed a demotion to light a fire under their butt. Nothing is settled yet, outside of QB and RB.

I read he is practicing with the scond team, but could be moved up at any time.

Revsine even starts out by tweeting that his lineup tweets are just what he saw and may not mean anything. Keep in mind the staff is trying some combinations out and mixing players around the depth chart to see what happens. Starting lineup doesn't have any meaning until the first snap of the season, and even then it's no guarantee who will see the most playing time.

Seisay will be a starter, I would imagine Fisher's spot will be no longer his after about the 4th week as Zaire Anderson/David Santos will probably take it from him. Evans is the starting nickel back from what I have read.

Evans will start as nickel, but wouldnt be shocked if Charles jackson took that spot by the time confrence play comes around.

• Fire 1