SIGNED (2013) PG Tai Webster

I'm always in awe when i see these kids struggling with grades in high school. It's high school for gods sake. I never opened a book outside of class and did not study for any tests and managed a 3.3 GPA. You don't even have to be smart to pass high school. You just need C's!!! The kids that drop out of high school or have to be a 5th year senior etc are the ones who flat out don't do there work, or even care. You've got to be pretty damn stupid to not pass high school.

I'm always in awe when i see these kids struggling with grades in high school. It's high school for gods sake. I never opened a book outside of class and did not study for any tests and managed a 3.3 GPA. You don't even have to be smart to pass high school. You just need C's!!! The kids that drop out of high school or have to be a 5th year senior etc are the ones who flat out don't do there work, or even care. You've got to be pretty damn stupid to not pass high school.

FWIW, the issue is not that he's failing High School. Entrance exams are completely different than passing/failing HS.

FWIW, the issue is not that he's failing High School. Entrance exams are completely different than passing/failing HS.

I didn't mean to direct this at him, I know it's different for international kids, but i'm talking high school kids in general.

I didn't mean to direct this at him, I know it's different for international kids, but i'm talking high school kids in general.

Yeah, I agree. I too never studied and did the same, would have taken effort to fail a class. Some people just don't give a damn about school and aren't gifted enough to coast on through.

Yeah, I agree. I too never studied and did the same, would have taken effort to fail a class. Some people just don't give a damn about school and aren't gifted enough to coast on through.

What boggles my mind though is that these kids have a dream of playing ball in college. They don't realize they actually have to pass HS to get into college? You would think that if it is that big of a dream for them, then they would be doing absolutely everything needed to make sure they can get in.

This wording makes me feel better....can anyone give a summary of the article? (I know you can't post the article directly)

[/left]

#Nebrasketball fans nervous about Tai Webster making it to Lincoln? You shouldn't be, and his dad tells you why… ($)http://nebraska.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1517359

[/left]

[/left]