SIGNED (2013) PG Tai Webster

Big pickup. I know Miles is trying his best not to go after foreign players so the fact that he did go after one means hes gotta be good!

I remember that being said about him, but then he hired an assistant (the one from SLU) that is Australian (IIRC) and he is well connected overseas. Seems to be a disconnect there.

I do like what Smiles is doing, it would be great for him to have a ton of success because I'd sure like to care about college basketball, its just not the same when your team is, well, not good.

If you do your homework and every once in a while you can pluck a star from overseas I'm all for it! But if you're just trying to fill your post players with overseas guys cause you can't land any homegrown players like Doc then that's where he got stuck! Not saying some of Docs overseas guys couldn't play but other than Alexs none of the others were guys you could build a team around. They were secondary pieces rather than the centerpiece!

• 1 month later...

• 3 weeks later...

Also notice that the other 2 commits are top 30 at their own respective positions... good start

http://espn.go.com/c.../158/class/2013

Yep our other two commits are high 3* recruits. Both graded a 79, an 80 grade gets a 4* on ESPN. Miles is doing some great things. I hope Miles can pick up an athletic PF this winter, the one piece missing from this class.

If only we could have got "Akoy"........

I hope no one thinks the turnaround to a top 3 finish in the Big 10 from our current place in the cellar will happen overnight. Miles past pattern has been yearly improvement in recruiting, coaching up players and developing a system that lets the players be sucessful. The 3 players we currently have recruited for the 2013 class will be solid pieces in what in the future will be a contender. Yes we need a few more "bigs". TM will keep digging till he finds them.

• Fire 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...