SIGNED (2013) PG Tai Webster

i think the Athletic Office needs to see who in the admissions office has loyalties outside of NU. This happens way to often. If not, there is ineptitude that needs to find a new job.

While I wouldn't go so far as to suggest someone in the admissions office has conflicting loyalties, it would not surprise me IN THE LEAST to find substantial levels of incompetence.

A buddy of mine who is pretty connected to the program asserted today that the potential fault with Webster's eligibility stems not so much with the NCAA, but with Nebraska's admission office.

He compared it quite openly to the Roburt Sallie fiasco, and flatly stated that if Webster is not eligible by the time school starts..."Heads will roll".

Take it for what it's worth, since I have no idea, but in fairness, this buddy has been pretty spot on with most of his insights to me on Husker basketball.

Heads should roll, it's f'ing ridiculous

all i am seeing is he isnt certified by the ncaa. how exactly is that unl's admissions fault?

i think the Athletic Office needs to see who in the admissions office has loyalties outside of NU. This happens way to often. If not, there is ineptitude that needs to find a new job.

While I wouldn't go so far as to suggest someone in the admissions office has conflicting loyalties, it would not surprise me IN THE LEAST to find substantial levels of incompetence.

A buddy of mine who is pretty connected to the program asserted today that the potential fault with Webster's eligibility stems not so much with the NCAA, but with Nebraska's admission office.

He compared it quite openly to the Roburt Sallie fiasco, and flatly stated that if Webster is not eligible by the time school starts..."Heads will roll".

Take it for what it's worth, since I have no idea, but in fairness, this buddy has been pretty spot on with most of his insights to me on Husker basketball.

all i am seeing is he isnt certified by the ncaa. how exactly is that unl's admissions fault?

We don't know that it is.

I'm just telling you what I've heard.

Obviously, I hope the rumor is incorrect.

There has been rumors in the past, which are very similar to this one, that basically the admissions dept jacks around when it comes to getting kids the things they need to get qualified. You rarely see this type of thing with the football team, but whenever there is a big basketball recruit this seems to be the norm lately.

Heads will roll!? I love that song!

• 2 weeks later...