Who's your backup?

knapplc

I wouldn't get my hopes up about Tommy redshirting. Ain't gonna happen.

I wouldn't be upset if he didn't redshirt. If he's as good as advertised, get him on the field as a back-up or as TM's replacement.

He was told during his recruitment he wouldn't redshirt. Saying he's "even" with RK3 and Carnes is Beck's way of saying he's #2.

I think Carnes would be the logical choice, if he has really improved. You have to think his cousin would have been working with him on the things he needs to improve on, before spring or fall practices. I know I would be picking his brain.

This is going to be a interesting fall camp. Redshirt Armstrong, if need be they can always pull it, should the needs arise..

GBR!!!

It's obvious that if Taylor goes down, you have to go with the guy who will win you the most football games. I don't care one way or another who it is. If Tommy is better than Brion and RK3, don't redshirt him. Play him during mop-up duty.

If the battle is close though, I would prefer to see Tommy redshirt. If they see him being the starter once Taylor graduates, I would like to see him start for 3 years instead of 2.

• Fire 1

I think you just have to go with the guy that's earned it in practice. If Tommy is really practicing better than Carnes, if he's really the #2, then get him in the game as soon as possible, so our next-best guy is ready if Taylor isn't available.

If Armstrong and Carnes are truly dead even, go with the guy who's going to improve the fastest if he's given in-game reps.

If Armstrong and Carnes are truly dead even, go with the guy who's going to improve the fastest if he's given in-game reps.

I don't agree with this. If they're dead even, redshirt the freshman. I don't think burning a redshirt just in case Martinez is injured is a good idea. If Armstrong is a lot better than Carnes, then maybe.