Pat Forde Top 25

MLB 51

I noticed this too when I read his article about 45 minutes ago. Here's the link for everyone.

LINK

It's an interesting omission. If intentional, some of the teams he has listed above us are surprising additions. If unintentional, and I don't mean to give us more credit than we deserve, but that's a big mistake. Leads me to believe it was intentional. Interesting he remember Michigan State, who has a brand new quarterback and a bunch of no-name receivers.

What's with the comparisons between Kansas State's Colin Klein and former Heisman winner Cam Newton? Cam Netwon passed for 2854 yards, 30 TDs and 7 interceptions, running for 1400 yards and 20 TDs in his Heisman season. Last Year, Klein threw for 1900 yards, 13 TD and six interceptions, running for 1141 yards and 27 TD's. Klein's ypc was only 3.6 last year and Netwon's was 5.6. Klein is obviously going to improve but he's nowhere near the player Cam Newton was nor will he be.

15. Michigan State

Mark Dantonio has stacked up enough quality recruiting classes that the Spartans should be a perennially ranked team. This season's edition is a contender despite losing stellar quarterback Kirk Cousins and just about every receiver who caught an important pass in 2011.

So oh guru of football, despite losing a solid QB and their big receivers, they'll be really good...

Ironically, I think he's doing us a favor. The more of an underdog role we have, the better. Besides Michigan (and sort of Wisconsin), there's really not a "hyped up" game this year, and I'd like to keep it that way. 2010 homecoming with Texas proved to me we can't handle hype.

• Fire 1

Ironically, I think he's doing us a favor. The more of an underdog role we have, the better. Besides Michigan (and sort of Wisconsin), there's really not a "hyped up" game this year, and I'd like to keep it that way. 2010 homecoming with Texas proved to me we can't handle hype.

That was the best worst day of my life. My son was born 2hrs before kickoff, so I was even more pumped up that day only to watch the Huskers come out flat.