Backup QB

I would love to see what a drop-back passer could do with this wide receiver corps. If Kellogg is a pure passer, and good at it, and that line can block for him, this could be an explosive offense if he has to go in.

Martinez brings the home-run threat on the ground every play. If Martinez' passing skills have improved and he's a dual threat as we'd always hoped.... look out opposing defenses.

• Fire 1

“It’s between Tommy (Armstrong) and Ron (Kellogg),” Ganz said. “Both bring different aspects. Tommy is a little more physical, he’s a runner (and) can throw the ball. Ronnie is a pure, drop-back type passer.”

http://hailvarsity.c...up-quarterback/

Remember when everyone (Dirk) was calling for Bo to bench TM last year for Carnes?

Yeah...

Let's hope he's not shy

5233458764_e061fc6ca0-426x268.jpg

Just a matter of time before we hear about Brion being moved to a different position. Where could he play? I'm thinking receiver because that might be the easiest position to grasp.

Carnes isn't moving to a different position. Disappointing to see him not move ahead, I really liked him out of high school. If he gets passed up for number 2 he's gone, and we can all start calling for Tommie to take over for Martinez which is OK.

• Fire 1

Just a matter of time before we hear about Brion being moved to a different position. Where could he play? I'm thinking receiver because that might be the easiest position to grasp.

Or we hear he's transferring.

Yeah that's a possibility but I would think he would have already done it. He has to have known for awhile he wasn't #2. His best chance to play QB is probably at the FCS level but their season is about to start and classes have begun most places so I don't see that happening. He could go FBS and sit out a year but I don't know who would take him at this point.

I've been pretty pleased with the things I have been hearing about RK3 and also Tommy Armstrong. I just wonder what held RK3 back last year from claiming the backup job...

Trying to get healthy as much as anything. Marsh was also a kid that actually rose up the depth to be#2 at the end of last year before disappearing this spring/summer/fall. Don't know if he got hurt again or if the other guys just came along that much. I would guess the latter. Carnes got a lot better from last year. Its just the other two guys jumped up that much more.