TRUE or FALSE: Taylor Martinez will have a 60% or better completion rate this season.

Not only were his throws much better but I was impressed with his progressions. The one time he missed Wullenwaber in the end zone, I could tell he was tempted to make the throw. Unfortunately it was a little late and he found another receiver open and completed the pass. Last year he would have chucked it deep and hoped for the best. Taylor has matured a lot over the summer. The Manning Camp may have helped as much as the Calif camp he attended. If I heard correctly, the Manning camp taught more than just the physics of throwing. They also taught poise on and off the field. I think we saw that yesterday. The combination of Taylor maturing and the receivers understanding what they need to do will make this offense click.

He definitely looked much more poised, calm and confident back there. I liked how he didn't seem to lock in on his intended target but went thru his progressions. I hope he keeps this up the rest of the year. This game had to be a huge confidence boost for him and the rest of the team.

I think true 60% or better. Taylor wasn't perfect yesterday but darn close, I can really only think of the one he threw short to the sideline that was almost a pick six that wasn't a good decision. He has definitely made the 2nd to 3rd year jump that the other quarterbacks have been talking about. I really think once conference play starts and he gets more pressure and less time to make decisions that 70% would be really tough.

Not only were his throws much better but I was impressed with his progressions. The one time he missed Wullenwaber in the end zone, I could tell he was tempted to make the throw. Unfortunately it was a little late and he found another receiver open and completed the pass. Last year he would have chucked it deep and hoped for the best. Taylor has matured a lot over the summer. The Manning Camp may have helped as much as the Calif camp he attended. If I heard correctly, the Manning camp taught more than just the physics of throwing. They also taught poise on and off the field. I think we saw that yesterday. The combination of Taylor maturing and the receivers understanding what they need to do will make this offense click.

He definitely looked much more poised, calm and confident back there. I liked how he didn't seem to lock in on his intended target but went thru his progressions. I hope he keeps this up the rest of the year. This game had to be a huge confidence boost for him and the rest of the team.

T-Mart needed yesterdays game. It was a great win for him and the team.

Where is my crow to eat?

Taylor has improved in more ways then one. The one thing I really liked is that he didn't panic and try to run it if he couldn't find someone open in the first 3 seconds. He held it and still looked.

Props on him for improving over the off season. How many players would have done that after being criticized by the fans for 2 years straight?

FALSE -- and it won't be close, IMO. Probably closer to 50 than 60.

Taylor's 26-34 says hello. That's 74.5% for those of you keeping score at home. Now the question obviously is: can he maintain that over the course of the season? I think if he stays the course and continues to work on and perfect his footwork and mechanics then I see absolutely no reason whatsoever why Taylor can't be a 70% passer this season.

FYI: 26 of 34 is 76.5%

FALSE -- and it won't be close, IMO. Probably closer to 50 than 60.

Taylor's 26-34 says hello. That's 74.5% for those of you keeping score at home. Now the question obviously is: can he maintain that over the course of the season? I think if he stays the course and continues to work on and perfect his footwork and mechanics then I see absolutely no reason whatsoever why Taylor can't be a 70% passer this season.

FYI: 26 of 34 is 76.5%

So it is... :blink:

I think Taylor continues to light up opposing defenses, passing for ridiculous yardage, and the equally ridiculous Heisman talk actually turns serious.

This happens for the next couple games.

Then we begin conference play and he becomes mortal gain, leaving too many fans shaking their heads, wondering what happened. Certainly he has improved, and I hope the numbers stay high, but expecting these numbers in conference games seems a big reach.

If it happen's, I'll be as happy as everyone, but I think his quick improvement is raising fan expectations to unreasonable levels. It was only one game, after all. That said, I, too, will have increasing expectations every week this continues, and I'll probably be among those disappointed when we hit B1G play.

I think a lot of it depends on what is asked of Martinez. I'm probably one of the few who thought Eric Crouch was actually a pretty decent passer. His problems came later in the season as his shoulders and such had taken such a beating from all the hits throwing off his accuracy. If Martinez's carries and hits are kept to a minimum, it's likely he'll complete over 60% of his passes. If Martinez starts running a lot more taking a pounding, it's likely his accuracy will be thrown off just like Crouch's.