National perception of Bo Pelini

FLU

but what if, let us just say we win 11 games this season, hypothetically. then what?

If that happens, I'll leave this board forever.

that would be the worst time to leave. stick around, especially if that does happen.

And I'll be man enough to admit I was wrong. And if they achieve 8 wins or less, like I predicted before the season, will you (or any of these others) be willing to do the same?

Nope because it was all hypothetical.

:facepalm:

Look I never made any predictions. We're 2... 2 games in.

Do any of us really expect a change in what happens this year compared to the last 4 years. If we lose 5-6 games will Bo be forced to get rid of some of the assistants and hire qualified coaches for a Nebraska program.

We are working with Bo's first recruits now. I am willing to give him another year and get some of this young DL talent on the field. We need the talent on the field. Stoops only recruits players that he feels can contribute immediatetly. We seem to want to stock pile them for some reason. Get the young talent on the field and it will bring more young talent to the program, are his thoughts. Saben believes there is nothing more important than recruiting, EVERY SINGLE DAY OF THE YEAR! Miles has stated talent covers up a lot of his mistakes.

Speed kills and talent wins. The lines are the most important part to be successful according to Saben and Miles. These are two ver successful coaches, maybe they know something we are missing.

Do any of us really expect a change in what happens this year compared to the last 4 years. If we lose 5-6 games will Bo be forced to get rid of some of the assistants and hire qualified coaches for a Nebraska program.

We are working with Bo's first recruits now. I am willing to give him another year and get some of this young DL talent on the field. We need the talent on the field. Stoops only recruits players that he feels can contribute immediatetly. We seem to want to stock pile them for some reason. Get the young talent on the field and it will bring more young talent to the program, are his thoughts. Saben believes there is nothing more important than recruiting, EVERY SINGLE DAY OF THE YEAR! Miles has stated talent covers up a lot of his mistakes.

Speed kills and talent wins. The lines are the most important part to be successful according to Saben and Miles. These are two ver successful coaches, maybe they know something we are missing.

i think they get it. it is just not that simple.

I was silent last yr. Grace period over! We are 96th currently in total defense. Out of 120 teams.

96th in 2012 to date

41st in 2011

9th in 2010

2nd in 2009

http://sports.omaha.com/2011/12/13/osborne-bo-has-solid-plan/

Bo knows D my only point is this has to stop! We hired him for one reason to have a top ten D. We are back where we were when he started to “right the ship”

Its more than two games its time for accountability

Hehe this is filled with all kinds of funny.

Why can't Bo recruit with Saban (the best recruiter in the nation)

Maybe because Bo isn't as good as a recruiter, can't offer ANYONE IN THE SOUTH a schollie and have them drool over it (you know because most SEC kids want to stay in the SEC), and a large majority of Alabamas recruits are from surrounding areas, we haven't won a natty either.

To sum up:

No one can recruit with Saban.

We are at a disadvantage location wise.

We haven't won a natty.

And, might I add, from the recruits that actually talk and hear from

Bo, they have a GREAT perception of the guy.

Outside of the BIg 12 and Nebraska Fan base, lots

Of people think Bo is legit coach.

PS - ever notice how the best recruiting classes are typically SEC/Texas/Cali schools? Gee, I wonder why.

Apparenly you guys are content and satisfied with our current status. I'm not.

I credit you for sticking to your principles, and I even agree with much of your logic. Unfortunately, the more detailed you make your responses, the easier it is for someone to take a little piece of it and twist it out of context and therefor claim the body of your argument is invalid. It is a lot easier for people to pick at a person and try to tear their ideas down than come up with a creative, original thought of their own. They'll put you on the defensive, forcing your to explain yourself, circling you like a pack of wolves and taking random nips at you as you do. You can never win.

I credit you for sticking to your principles, and I even agree with much of your logic. Unfortunately, the more detailed you make your responses, the easier it is for someone to take a little piece of it and twist it out of context and therefor claim the body of your argument is invalid. It is a lot easier for people to pick at a person and try to tear their ideas down than come up with a creative, original thought of their own. They'll put you on the defensive, forcing your to explain yourself, circling you like a pack of wolves and taking random nips at you as you do. You can never win.

explain yourself.

While I want to see success on the field and trophies on display as much as the next guy, and we certainly have a lot of work to do, Im always sad to see Husker fans that seem willing to sell out everything just to win. To me, Nebraska football - and Nebraska in general isn't just about winning, its about doing things the right way. Doing things off the field the right way. Im incredibly proud of our coaching staff and athletic department at the level of integrity that they show and have led our program back to. How many other of these "elite" schools do we keep hearing about with athletes causing trouble, and programs under investigation. Long story short, Id rather have an ethically run program and lose some games than cheat and win them all (This is not meant to say everyone that's won has cheated or is unethical, but it does seem to be

rampant.) I would be interested to know if others on here feel the same way, or if the fan base could care less as long as we win.

• Fire 1

explain yourself.

(bites)

So glad I just spent the ten minutes reading this train wreck.

I feel a strong sense of deja vu, because I believe it was earlier this year like right around signing day, or someones little vacation they had to take, that this thread took place with the same points being repeated over and over. Wow

And as for the pic, I'd be chewing Harvey's ass after blowing that coverage as bad as he did. Completely was turned around and chased another receiver before realizing he was screwed and it led to an easy td right before half. Jackson himself would tell you he merited it.

While I want to see success on the field and trophies on display as much as the next guy, and we certainly have a lot of work to do, Im always sad to see Husker fans that seem willing to sell out everything just to win. To me, Nebraska football - and Nebraska in general isn't just about winning, its about doing things the right way. Doing things off the field the right way. Im incredibly proud of our coaching staff and athletic department at the level of integrity that they show and have led our program back to. How many other of these "elite" schools do we keep hearing about with athletes causing trouble, and programs under investigation. Long story short, Id rather have an ethically run program and lose some games than cheat and win them all (This is not meant to say everyone that's won has cheated or is unethical, but it does seem to be

rampant.) I would be interested to know if others on here feel the same way, or if the fan base could care less as long as we win.

i just enjoy being a husker fan. it is about the drama. who knows how this season will end up or next season. you hope to win the games you should and over achieve throughout the year. i do not like when we lose any more than anyone else, but that is why they play the game. i just enjoy rooting for them and following the progress through the season.

• Fire 2