Why all the martinez hate?

bmaher

Taylor gave 100%. His amazing run kept us in the game, not to mention that long scramble to pick up a 1st down.

I really believe he leaves it all out on the field, and is a huge asset for us. It wasn't his fault that a zone read was called in his own end zone that led to the safety.

Props to you, Taylor.

Martinez is the least of our problems, as myself and others have iterated time and again. In fact, I don't think Martinez is a problem at all. I think he looked bad on Saturday for a few reasons - one, his line started to play very poorly, two, we sunk into a familiar bad play-calling funk, and three, he was trying to put the team on his back and was getting absolutely no help.

The interception throw late in the game is on Martinez, but he wasn't put in a position in the second half to do well. And regardless of what he did this summer with his mechanics, he's still no Tom Brady or Peyton Manning - he's going to have bad throws even when his technique looks good.

The look on Martinez' face in the second half was pretty telling of the situation - he wanted to win as bad as anybody, and no matter what he did, they kept failing.

• Fire 2

I think we have seen enough tape of T-Mart to know that he has some limitations as a QB. Bo hitched his wagon to T-Mart and thus the roller coaster ride will likely continue.

I have tired of the nausea that that decision continues to produce. Just my $0.02.

Is there a better option? Well, I think that speaks not only to the Bo's decision but also to the overall talent issues that are also hard not to see.

I think Taylor Martinez has been hard at work to improve & has been dedicated to leading the offense in a more complete sense than before. To me, I see no reason to do anything other than applaud his efforts to improve. And... he has improved rather dramatically. Sure, he panicked in the end of the last game... and reverted to some old TMart traits a little and that is not something that played well... but he, for his part, did well in that game overall. NU would have never been in a position to "blow it" at the end were it not for Taylor Martinez and his contributions in the first half.

TMart is not the problem. Does he still need some polish? Sure. Is he headed in the right direction? I think so. Now...

Does our coaching need dramatic improvement? Yes. Are they headed in the right direction? No. Does the defense need improvement? Yes. headed in the right direction? No.

Again, if the coaches and the rest of the team were improving at the rate Taylor Martinez is improving, NU would be vastly better than they are. But the rest of the squad is not improving. So...

TMart should be numbered among those that the fans should be thanking at this point. He is headed the right direction. I am impressed with his effort and work ethic.

• Fire 4