What would be a good defensive showing this week?

I expect us to look like an FBS team, and Arkansas State to look like an FCS team. Nebraska has a lot more money and resources than Arkansas State. If a team like that comes in and beats us, then what the hell are we paying for?

A-State has a decent team. I mean, they're a Sun Belt team sure, but they're the best Sun Belt team. Which is considerably better than some run-O-the-mill FCS team.

Oh, I see, your just making the bed all nice and soft for all the die hards to crash in next Saturday. Trying to build Arkansas State up as some sort of formidable foe. I understand. For a second there, I got the impression you were really trying to convince me that Nebraska shouldn't crush a Sun Belt team in our house? I mean, I don't really care what their numbers say.......it would be a sad state of Nebraska football if we couldn't expect to dominate Arkansas State this weekend? Wouldn't it be?

No, just pointing out you're way off base by comparing them to some FCS team (and you are).

I've been saying the same thing about A-State all summer. They were a good team last year, and they return just about everyone of importance this year with possibly an upgrade at head coach.

Arkansas State will get their points and their yards against Nebraska, they put up 34 on a top 5 team in the country. Call it whatever you want. It is what it is.

Will Arkansas State win this game Dude?

I doubt it.

Read they run an offense similar to UCLA. I would like to see Compton not covering a RB out of the backfield on some wheel route or screen into the flat. I would like to actually see or DE's get up field and crash the pocket. Screw this "contain" crap. I would also like to not see any missed tackles. On another note, although Compton's celebration is odd when getting shellacked, I would love to see intensity with the D across the board. a good tackle, some hand slapping, a little smack talking from the DB's when blocking a pass, a little camaraderie that I can actually see and feel from the tv. Our D doesn't really seem to be a "cohesive unit". Not a lot of visual clues or body language that tells me they are on fire.

A shutout would be nice.

I would like to see our LBs step up. Hopefully Anderson and Santos both get the start alongside Compton at LB and we see what they can do. I think that unveiling our more athletic players will pay dividends for the staff this week if they go through with it.

IMO, with the more athletic guys, you put them in the game, let them fly around and make plays, and live with the occasional mistake that they make and use it as a learning opportunity. Nothing could be worse than the way the guys have currently been playing.

I can't honestly answer the question because I do not anticipate a "good" defensive showing. If the yards or points are held to acceptably low amounts, I sincerely think it will have more to do with ArkSt shooting themselves in the foot. Unless the coaches realize there are serious issues and totally revamp our D this week, it probably won't be pretty. However, I do think our offense has a shot at outscoring them.