Chase Rome quits?

I just listened to Bo's statement about Rome. Translating what Bo said from coach speak into what he really means, here is what he said: "Chase is freakin' lazy and as a result was playing like total dog crap, and when I told him that he needs to get his sh#t together he quit."

This may be true, but if so, why was he ever the starter to begin with :confucius

It's stuff like that that makes me wonder. Just seems to be more to it than guys being lazy or not wanting competition. Competition for playing time exists at very school, not just NU.

Shut up.

I would just say that probably the reason for him starting was that Thad Randle was fighting an injury and the other option was a freshman. Bo probably went with what he thought was the lesser of two evils at the time. The UCLA game showed him that Williams is a better player and has since made the switch. That's what a good coach does. We had a coach a few years ago that started a transfer QB when he had a damn good one riding the pine and only gave him a shot due to injury. That is a sign of ego before team. Bo is showing that his initial assessments of the defense were not right and now he is making a plan to fix it. This should not be difficult to understand.

So much for rumor. Cross my mind........Mutiny....... 3 starting players quit so far.

Arrrgh

In the case of all three (Green, Moore, Rome) it seems that playing time, or the losing of their starting spots could have been the issues that they had with the program.... Watching Abdullah now, it seems obvious why Green left....

If you want to say the loss to UCLA wasn't embarassing, that's your perspective. I, on the other hand, had people calling and texting me left and right asking me WTF was going on, thought Bo was supposed to be a defensive genius, thought the Blackshirts were supposed to be good, LSU's practice squad could beat us, etc. I was embarassed.

FLU, You were Embarrassed by the guys on the field? These guys texting you got you embarrassed? I can show you examples of what I would be embarrassed about and it is not a situation I had any control over! Embarrassing for me is waking up in the morning and finding a 300 pound plus woman in my bed and knowing my friends know about it! Embarrassing for me is having to take a pee and going into an alley and whipping it out and that ONE COP just comes walking by! Embarrassing for me is being at a party with some high end people and Sharting myself and having to leave,never to return! Embarrassing for me was the time I called the woman Sir,because I really thought she was a skinny man and having her correct me! But your embarrassed about what 22 players did in a Football game and getting text messages??? WOW.

• Fire 2

FLU- you really shouldn't ride Bo's ass for putting a poor defensive unit on the field and then complain that a another player has left the team from what looks like the direct result of Pelini logically changing schemes or starters. One move or the other should meet with your approval. Rome and the D line are not getting the job done. If he wants to leave because of losing his starting position or because of reduced play time, good riddance. Maybe some other prima donnas will see it and won't waste our time by coming here. They are only getting the message that needs to be gotten; the team comes before the individual.

Once again, apparently you didn't read my earlier post. I clearly stated that if this is a case of Bo playing the best avaiable player over a player that has seniority, that I'm all for it.

But your comments do not read like your "all for" Chase Rome leaving the team. I realize this has been a hectic week for NU football what with the high expectations for UCLA game turning to the reality that our defense is not good. I don't like players leaving any more than the next guy BUT this guy was not performing on the field and apparently chose to quit rather than work harder or earn his spot. In my mind, Bo is doing what he needs to do; trying to jerk the slack out of this defense. Rome wasn't down with that plan. Good riddance.

And another thing, it's not like we have a TTU basketball problem here. We are talking about 4 players out of over 100. Start worrying when the offense or defense has a closed door meeting with Osborne.

And one last thing on my soap box. People bitching about every move that is made hurts the public perception of this program just as much as a couple of quitters walking off the team. If you don't think that these kids read these posts and sees how mean and vindictive people can be when discussing things, you are mistaken. Let's worry about recruiting and coaching when Bo starts to lose more games than he wins.

So much for rumor. Cross my mind........Mutiny....... 3 starting players quit so far.

Arrrgh

In the case of all three (Green, Moore, Rome) it seems that playing time, or the losing of their starting spots could have been the issues that they had with the program.... Watching Abdullah now, it seems obvious why Green left....

Green is 4th player.....I was thinking about Klachko

If you want to say the loss to UCLA wasn't embarassing, that's your perspective. I, on the other hand, had people calling and texting me left and right asking me WTF was going on, thought Bo was supposed to be a defensive genius, thought the Blackshirts were supposed to be good, LSU's practice squad could beat us, etc. I was embarassed.

FLU, You were Embarrassed by the guys on the field? These guys texting you got you embarrassed? I can show you examples of what I would be embarrassed about and it is not a situation I had any control over! Embarrassing for me is waking up in the morning and finding a 300 pound plus woman in my bed and knowing my friends know about it! Embarrassing for me is having to take a pee and going into an alley and whipping it out and that ONE COP just comes walking by! Embarrassing for me is being at a party with some high end people and Sharting myself and having to leave,never to return! Embarrassing for me was the time I called the woman Sir,because I really thought she was a skinny man and having her correct me! But your embarrassed about what 22 players did in a Football game and getting text messages??? WOW.

Yep, when you live and breathe and bleed that team, damn right.

BTW dude, sounds to me like you have some serious issues.

Arrrgh

Green is 4th player

Who is the other aside from Rome, Green, and Moore....

FLU- you really shouldn't ride Bo's ass for putting a poor defensive unit on the field and then complain that a another player has left the team from what looks like the direct result of Pelini logically changing schemes or starters. One move or the other should meet with your approval. Rome and the D line are not getting the job done. If he wants to leave because of losing his starting position or because of reduced play time, good riddance. Maybe some other prima donnas will see it and won't waste our time by coming here. They are only getting the message that needs to be gotten; the team comes before the individual.

Once again, apparently you didn't read my earlier post. I clearly stated that if this is a case of Bo playing the best avaiable player over a player that has seniority, that I'm all for it.

But your comments do not read like your "all for" Chase Rome leaving the team. I realize this has been a hectic week for NU football what with the high expectations for UCLA game turning to the reality that our defense is not good. I don't like players leaving any more than the next guy BUT this guy was not performing on the field and apparently chose to quit rather than work harder or earn his spot. In my mind, Bo is doing what he needs to do; trying to jerk the slack out of this defense. Rome wasn't down with that plan. Good riddance.

Only because no one knows for certain that's why he (or the other 3) left. If that's the case, then good riddance. I just wish we had more info to go on other than just hearsay.

Arrrgh

Green is 4th player

Klachko

Arrrgh

Green is 4th player

They count Klatchko, but I'm pretty sure he was taking steroids? wasn't he? confirmations?

Arrrgh

Green is 4th player

Klatchko

Arrrgh

Green is 4th player

Klachko

Ah yes, I could I forget....

Arrrgh

Green is 4th player

They count Klatchko, but I'm pretty sure he was taking steroids? wasn't he? confirmations?

0.00% confirmation on this. Internet rumor that has zero foundation in fact. If you find something factual about this, by all means post it. So far the whole "steroid" thing is "I heard it from a guy....."