*** HB Misc Topic bullsh#t Thread ***

Gave up hard liquor for lent. And this past week I've been rewatching Band of Brothers on DVD. It's tough seeing Nix booze it up across Europe. While I'm sipping on ice water. :lol:

is scotch and soda really hard liquor? i think you could get away with that.

I'm not much of a scotch drinker. Gives me a headache. I generally knock back a couple or three bourbons, American blended, Irish Whiskeys, or sometimes gin.

Felt weird last night without any hard liquor. A couple glasses of wine, and then several glasses of water.

well, stpaul, whaddya think?

Nebraska was very good. A lot reminded me of family and my hometown. But if you had no experience like that small town in your life, I'm not sure you would get the meanings. Overall I thought it was very good. Worth an Oscar nomination in my humble opinion.

Captain Phillips was intense. I think knowing that it was a true story aided that. I was gripped the whole time. Tom Hanks portrayal of the real Cpt. Phillips was more amazing than the guy who played the lead pirate. I was almost brought to tears watching the aftermath of the rescue. Tom Hanks was that convincing.

Looks like we are going to go with 12 years a Slave tonight instead of Dallas Buyers Club. I'm sure it will be great.

RIP Bill Guarnere. A hero in every sense of the word.

http://time.com/17960/band-of-brothers-wwii-veteran-wild-bill-guarnere-dies/

William “Wild Bill” Guarnere, one of the World War II veterans who gained fame from the book Band of Brothers and its HBO adaptation, died of a ruptured aneurysm on Saturday night. He was 90 years old.

A native of south Philadelphia, Guarnere served as a non-commissioned officer in the famed Easy Company, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne Division during World War II, where he participated in some of the biggest battles in the European theater.

Guarnere parachuted into Normandy the night before D-Day, fought in Operation Market Garden and helped hold the critical Belgian town of Bastone during the Battle of the Bulge.

His war ended in Bastone when he lost a leg while trying to help another wounded soldier, and he returned home having been awarded the Silver Star – the nation’s third-highest award for valor – two Bronze Stars and two Purple Hearts for wounds suffered in combat.

RIP Bill Guarnere. A hero in every sense of the word.

http://time.com/1796...-guarnere-dies/

William “Wild Bill” Guarnere, one of the World War II veterans who gained fame from the book Band of Brothers and its HBO adaptation, died of a ruptured aneurysm on Saturday night. He was 90 years old.

A native of south Philadelphia, Guarnere served as a non-commissioned officer in the famed Easy Company, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne Division during World War II, where he participated in some of the biggest battles in the European theater.

Guarnere parachuted into Normandy the night before D-Day, fought in Operation Market Garden and helped hold the critical Belgian town of Bastone during the Battle of the Bulge.

His war ended in Bastone when he lost a leg while trying to help another wounded soldier, and he returned home having been awarded the Silver Star – the nation’s third-highest award for valor – two Bronze Stars and two Purple Hearts for wounds suffered in combat.

Another one from the greatest generation gone...

Well boys, it was a long hard winter. And it seems that I've put on a nice thick layer of insulation around the middle. Time to start getting back into swimming pool shape.

Starting point: 220 lbs, as of yesterday morning.

Strategy: More exercise. Less food. Monitor progress.

Well boys, it was a long hard winter. And it seems that I've put on a nice thick layer of insulation around the middle. Time to start getting back into swimming pool shape.

Starting point: 220 lbs, as of yesterday morning.

Strategy: More exercise. Less food. Monitor progress.

You and me both. I'm getting close to the highest I've ever been. I was at 235 the other day