*** HB Misc Topic bullsh#t Thread ***

A couple of years ago I hired a guy to help me with some yard work for half a day. (I was moving a piece of fairly heavy equipment--a two guy job.) The guy was a pretty good worker. Seemed like a nice enough fella. So, low and behold, I open the local newspaper a couple days ago and his picture is on the front page. He apparently beat some guy to death over an argument. Weird. :dunno:

Time for a rant.

Can people PLEASE stop defending their posts, or the posts of others, by saying 'I have the right to an opinion,' or 'they have the right to an opinion,' or similar nonsense? I don't think anybody is trying to deny anyone the right to free speech here. But, having an opinion also means other people can think you're wrong, and TELL you why they think you're wrong.

Am I the only person this irks?

• Fire 1

Time for a rant.

Can people PLEASE stop defending their posts, or the posts of others, by saying 'I have the right to an opinion,' or 'they have the right to an opinion,' or similar nonsense? I don't think anybody is trying to deny anyone the right to free speech here. But, having an opinion also means other people can think you're wrong, and TELL you why they think you're wrong.

I didn't follow the conversation(s) you're talking about. But if someone is defending a point by saying it's their opinion, well, I'd say that's some fairly sketchy logic right there. :lol:

Time for a rant.

I didn't follow the conversation(s) you're talking about. But if someone is defending a point by saying it's their opinion, well, I'd say that's some fairly sketchy logic right there. :lol:

Haha well it's not singling out a specific post. Just several posts I've seen on here through the years. I've been guilty myself and now try to avoid saying it.

Poster A: This is what I think and here is why.

Poster B: This is why I think you're wrong about what you think and here is why.

Poster A: It's just my opinion. I'm entitled to it.

To Poster A, I would like to say: No sh*t, Sherlock. Having an opinion can still make you wrong and/or open to debate.