*** HB Misc Topic bullsh#t Thread ***

merideth.jpg

Man shoots down drone hovering over house
by Chris Matyszczyk @ChrisMatyszczyk July 30, 2015 4:31 PM PDTA
Kentucky man thinks it unacceptable when a drone floats over his property. So he shoots it down. Then the drone's owners come calling.
Merideth, 47, lives in Hillview, Kentucky. As WDRB-TV reports, a neighbor heard gunshots and called the police. Merideth allegedly told the police that a drone was hovering over his house, where his teen daughter (he has two) was sunbathing. So he pulled out his gun and gave it a merry death.
The drone's owner, police say, said he was flying it to take pictures of a neighboring house.
<snip>
He says that shortly after the shooting, he received a visit from four men who claimed to be responsible for the drone and explaining that it cost $1,800.
Merideth says he stood his ground: "I had my 40 mm Glock on me and they started toward me and I told them, 'If you cross my sidewalk, there's gonna be another shooting.'"

I think I side with the shooter on this one. That'd be invasive and annoying as hell, having a drone buzzing over your place so people could look at you.

UPDATE: The judge threw the case out. LINK I was kinda surprised when they charged him in the first place.

Ben Wilson was a hs basketball phenom from Chicago who in 1984 was the #1 hs recruit in the country. Current and past NBA players talked of how he was destined to make it big in the NBA. That's how good he was. Despite his growing celebrity he was a good kid who liked to joke around and play practical jokes on people and he was raised by two strong parents most notably his mother who was a devout Catholic woman of strong faith.

Benji was shot and killed just a few blocks away from where he went to high school on this day today in 1984 in an act of senseless violence. His brother Jeff Wilson posted something on facebook today so if you get something out of this as I did then it's worth posting here.

'At 12:37 p.m, please remember. Tell a loved one you love them. Encourage some one today,Benji would have. A moment of silence not just for Benji but all the families that have lost some one to violence. To Benji,I forever love him for putting down the morals of discipline in my life. 12:37p.m November 20,1984. Where were you this day? Do you remember? In peace. Peace#25.'

12227607_915760501850279_531415162481115

• Fire 2

Super Bacteria Coming to Kill Us Is Imminent, "People Will Die"

By Jon Levine November 19, 2015 10:42AM

<snip>

According to the study, researchers stumbled upon the antibiotic-resistant bacteria during a "routine surveillance project," testing antimicrobial resistance to E. coli in China's food animals. In the E. coli-infected test subjects, 21% of animals contained the colistin-resistant bacteria, as well as 15% of raw meat samples and 1% human patients.

"Some people will have untreatable infections and will start to die," Tayler said. "We have to take action now."

LINK

Oh great. Another thing to look forward to. :hmmph

• 2 weeks later...