*** HB Misc Topic bullsh#t Thread ***

We got rid of our dishwasher. What a joke of a concept. It takes me literally 4 minutes to the day's worth of dishes every night after supper. Why the hell would I want to spend 4 minutes rinsing them off, another 7 minutes trying to finaggle them into the machine, only to have it run and waste water for another hour, so that I still have to go back and spend another 4 minutes putting them away?

Dishwashers are just a concept I never could grasp.

We got rid of our dishwasher. What a joke of a concept. It takes me literally 4 minutes to the day's worth of dishes every night after supper. Why the hell would I want to spend 4 minutes rinsing them off, another 7 minutes trying to finaggle them into the machine, only to have it run and waste water for another hour, so that I still have to go back and spend another 4 minutes putting them away?

Because the dishwashers (at least newer ones) use less water and energy than hand washing. Not to mention that they actually get the dishes clean.

That Rozier vs Dayne thread may give me diabetes, just an absolute dumpster fire.

No joke.

Also, is no one going to say anything about the monkey-bear bicycle race I posted earlier? It has a surprise ending! ;)

That Rozier vs Dayne thread may give me diabetes, just an absolute dumpster fire.

No joke.

Also, is no one going to say anything about the monkey-bear bicycle race I posted earlier? It has a surprise ending! ;)

Did not expect the ending, poor monkey. And seriously, WTF is wrong with China?

No joke.

knowing the end, i could not watch it. i did not want to see that. but yeah, wtf, china?

When I make a meal I typically have a pan for my main dish, one for sauce, a pasta pot (if we're having pasta) or the same for rice/risotto, plus a pan for the veggie. Add onto that salad bowl, cutting board(s) (plural if I'm cutting meat) and sundry dishes/glasses to eat from. For three people that's typically more dishes I can get washed in less time than it takes to load the dishwasher. Plus add in towel-drying time and that's more time than I usually have for dishes.

Because the dishwashers (at least newer ones) use less water and energy than hand washing. Not to mention that they actually get the dishes clean.

I get the dishes clean.

What "energy" am I using by hand washing?

My little 3/4 sink of water and the maybe gallon I use to rinse them is more than what the dishwasher uses?

I could argue with you on this till the cow come home. :lol: C'mon man.

When I make a meal I typically have a pan for my main dish, one for sauce, a pasta pot (if we're having pasta) or the same for rice/risotto, plus a pan for the veggie. Add onto that salad bowl, cutting board(s) (plural if I'm cutting meat) and sundry dishes/glasses to eat from. For three people that's typically more dishes I can get washed in less time than it takes to load the dishwasher. Plus add in towel-drying time and that's more time than I usually have for dishes.

We dont towel em tho. We leave em lay in the strainer and pick away at em' the next day for use. That may be where my figures get skewed. :lol:

Also, if you want full efficiency and want to take care of your dishwasher, you will rinse your dishes off before putting them in there, or after youre done eating, anyway.

I get the dishes clean.

My little 3/4 sink of water and the maybe gallon I use to rinse them is more than what the dishwasher uses?

Yeah but you're using that amount of water EVERY time you wash. The dishwasher can wash your weeks worth of dishes using a lot less water than you do. The energy used is from your water heater. Google search dishwasher vs hand-washing. Every article is the same.

I get the dishes clean.

Yeah but you're using that amount of water EVERY time you wash. The dishwasher can wash your weeks worth of dishes using a lot less water than you do. The energy used is from your water heater. Google search dishwasher vs hand-washing. Every article is the same.

Yeah but who wants to let dishes sit around for a week before they get washed?

I get the dishes clean.

Yeah but who wants to let dishes sit around for a week before they get washed?

Who wants a higher water/gas bill?

What difference does it make if they're sitting around? You're not using them either way.

Do you guys have unlimited pots and pans? I have a huge kitchen with lots of pots & pans, but as much as I cook I pretty much have to wash dishes every day. My knives certainly have to be washed & sanitized every day, as well as my cutting boards.

The more food you cook from scratch the more tools/utensils you'll use. There's just no way I can let dishes pile up for a week.

I get the dishes clean.

I have a tankless water-heater. It doesnt even notice that little bit of hot water.

I was a plumber dude. That sh#t on google is just propaganda. I know the real truth. And like Knapp said, if you make a meal like him, you fill up the dishwasher in one day's worth anyway.

Do you guys have unlimited pots and pans? I have a huge kitchen with lots of pots & pans, but as much as I cook I pretty much have to wash dishes every day. My knives certainly have to be washed & sanitized every day, as well as my cutting boards.

The more food you cook from scratch the more tools/utensils you'll use. There's just no way I can let dishes pile up for a week.

Do you only cook enough for that one meal or do you have leftovers throughout the week?

I can see hand-washing a pan or two that you use more often, but do y'all only have 3 plates, 3 forks, 3 glasses, etc?