*** HB Misc Topic bullsh#t Thread ***

Do you guys have unlimited pots and pans? I have a huge kitchen with lots of pots & pans, but as much as I cook I pretty much have to wash dishes every day. My knives certainly have to be washed & sanitized every day, as well as my cutting boards.

The more food you cook from scratch the more tools/utensils you'll use. There's just no way I can let dishes pile up for a week.

Do you only cook enough for that one meal or do you have leftovers throughout the week?

I can see hand-washing a pan or two that you use more often, but do y'all only have 3 plates, 3 forks, 3 glasses, etc?

GSG. Wash your dishes right after supper from the day every night. Do it for a month. Just do it. It takes 4 damn minutes. Then, at the end of the month, check your utitily bill closely, and tell me you need that damn dishwasher. If you look at it subjectively, your dishwasher will wind up on craigslist. :D

Do you guys have unlimited pots and pans? I have a huge kitchen with lots of pots & pans, but as much as I cook I pretty much have to wash dishes every day. My knives certainly have to be washed & sanitized every day, as well as my cutting boards.

The more food you cook from scratch the more tools/utensils you'll use. There's just no way I can let dishes pile up for a week.

Do you only cook enough for that one meal or do you have leftovers throughout the week?

I can see hand-washing a pan or two that you use more often, but do y'all only have 3 plates, 3 forks, 3 glasses, etc?

GSG. Wash your dishes right after supper from the day every night. Do it for a month. Just do it. It takes 4 damn minutes. Then, at the end of the month, check your utitily bill closely, and tell me you need that damn dishwasher. If you look at it subjectively, your dishwasher will wind up on craigslist. :D

4 minutes? Remind me not to eat at your house ;)

What does that mean? I dont follow.

I have four large (like 24x18") cutting boards that I use for veggies/fruit, and two smaller boards that I use exclusively for meat. Different boards for different things to prevent cross-contamination.

I have a full set of pots & pans, a butcher's block of knives plus another set of lesser-quality knives that I use for junk cutting (like cutting bone or simple stuff like opening packages of meat so I don't contaminate my good knives), and those cheap-o knives go in the dishwasher. My good knives I wash by hand.

I have a blender & food processor, prep bowls of just about every size and shape, and miscellaneous other bowls/pots/pans like cast iron, non-stick, etc. Stuff for specialty things like omelettes or whatever. I run the gamut of that stuff usually every week, between making marinades, sauces, side dishes, etc.

I usually cook a large meal on Sunday night, then eat the leftovers for lunch through the week at work. I make a separate meal every night, and usually we don't have leftovers, but if we do we can heat that up if plans change or weather prevents grilling and I'm supposed to grill on Thursday, say.

What does that mean? I dont follow.

If you're washing all of your dishes (plates, glasses, utensils, pans, etc.) in 4 minutes, I'm venturing that they're not really clean. (It was a joke though)

I have four large (like 24x18") cutting boards that I use for veggies/fruit, and two smaller boards that I use exclusively for meat. Different boards for different things to prevent cross-contamination.

I have a full set of pots & pans, a butcher's block of knives plus another set of lesser-quality knives that I use for junk cutting (like cutting bone or simple stuff like opening packages of meat so I don't contaminate my good knives), and those cheap-o knives go in the dishwasher. My good knives I wash by hand.

I have a blender & food processor, prep bowls of just about every size and shape, and miscellaneous other bowls/pots/pans like cast iron, non-stick, etc. Stuff for specialty things like omelettes or whatever. I run the gamut of that stuff usually every week, between making marinades, sauces, side dishes, etc.

are you cooking in the chopped kitchen?

• Fire 1

I usually cook a large meal on Sunday night, then eat the leftovers for lunch through the week at work. I make a separate meal every night, and usually we don't have leftovers, but if we do we can heat that up if plans change or weather prevents grilling and I'm supposed to grill on Thursday, say.

See, I'm of the mind that the less time I can spend cooking and cleaning it up, the better. As soon as I find a place here in CO, I'll probably spend Sundays making 3 or 4 meals and just having them packaged up for the week to reheat. That leaves me one day of pots/pans and just plates or whatnot throughout the week. Just my philosophy, your's sounds just as good. :)

are you cooking in the chopped kitchen?

:lol: +1

I love Chopped

This morning

Me: "What are you doing?"

Electric company guy: "Doing an unhook order for non-payment of bills." (As he fiddles with the electric box outside my office bulding.)

Me: "Mind if I look at that order?"

Electric company guy: "See, it says to stop service at 938."

Me: "938 is one block over. This is the 800 block."

Electric company guy: "Oh." (Scratching his head.)

Me: "You are a frigging incompetent idiot." (Thoughts only—I didn't actually verbalize it.)