Announcers...

Saunders

Has everyone forgot what musburger did during the Nebraska vs. Colorado game in 01' I was watching the game with family and crouch fumbles near midfield and as that happens musburger say yes and tries to cover up for it but was so blatant obvious. Without even blinking my cousin mutes the tv and turned on the husker radio network. Have lost all respect for him since that day.

When you have been waiting for a big game, you got the TV turned to the channel. The program right before the game finishes up. You are thinking, come on, get to the freaking game already.

There's an intro, they show the stadium, and Musberger says..... You are looking live at....

And you're thinking, HERE WE GO!!!!

Musberger's obvious dislike for Nebraska stems way back before his DUI incident. You can youtube videos of oklahoma games from the early 90's and easily read his "god, I hope these f'ers lose today" tone. I dont know if something else ever happened to him here to give him reasoning or if he just picked Nebraska as "that team he loves to hate" for no reason or what, but it's for certain he does. Therefore, I dislike him to the fullest extent. I dont think he's all that bad as an actual commentator outside the fact that he tries way too hard to over-dramatize any little moment in an effort to write his own broadcasting legacy to that of Keith Jackson. But his obvious favortism towards the "traditional powers (texas, Ohio St., Michigan, Florida St, Alabama, Oklahoma, etc) is obvious, and for whatever reason, Nebraska is not on that list.

I really like Brad Nessler and Griese. I think they do an excellen non-bias job. Only instance I ever witnessed bias from Griese is when he and Jackson did the Rose Bowl when his son received the MVP, and I can let that slide due to the circumstances. ABC should not have put him in that situation if it wound up being an issue. These two commentate games according to their love of the game itself, not a particular team.

• Fire 1

If the Huskers make it to Pasedena and make it a game against USC or Oregon or whoever. You might change your tune when he starts riding the "Rex Burkhead" bandwagon.

Musberger, like Madden or Thai food, is great if you like it and horrible if you don't.

Because Nebraska has been, fairly horrible in Primetime ABC games covered by Brent the past decade -- can you really blame him for being a bit negative? Toss in an open container violation and I am surprised he even will cover them in a game anymore.