What did we learn??

walksalone

I learned that Bielema can't keep himself from looking like the absolute jerk that he is:

http://host.madison.com/sports/college/football/badgers-football-notes-david-gilbert-backs-up-trash-talk-by/article_d44ce796-0ac7-11e2-914c-001a4bcf887a.html

Both Gilbert and I learned that Taylor can skip rocks into the end zone for td's (thanks for running your mouth Gilbert!). I think Gilbert fired up Taylor to be a real leader of the offense last night.

I learned that when we do good things or play well for portions of a game, it seems to disappoint some folks. Those folks just aren't happy unless they're complaining about something. Maybe it's time for them to realize that even the 95 Huskers (or whoever your gold standard is) made mistakes and could've been better. Every team/player/coach can always improve and do better. Maybe it's time to enjoy life when they do enough good things.

I learned that Bielema can't keep himself from looking like the absolute jerk that he is:

http://host.madison....1a4bcf887a.html

Both Gilbert and I learned that Taylor can skip rocks into the end zone for td's (thanks for running your mouth Gilbert!). I think Gilbert fired up Taylor to be a real leader of the offense last night.

Bielema then disputed the notion Cornhuskers fans are always hospitable to opposing teams.

“Everybody loves to say how nice you guys are, applaud everybody when you’re leaving the field,” Bielema said. “Well, you win the game, they don’t applaud you.

“It’s a whole different experience.”

Read more: http://host.madison.com/sports/college/football/badgers-football-notes-david-gilbert-backs-up-trash-talk-by/article_d44ce796-0ac7-11e2-914c-001a4bcf887a.html#ixzz27xxK0I43

what does that even mean? like, we are humbled when we lose, but when we win we rub it in their faces? i was at the 2010 mizzou game. the husker fans were pretty indifferent towards mizzou fans, and if there was ever time for hostility, that would have been it.

Lots of positives....This team doesn't quit. Some players finally showed up and made their mark; Steinkuhler, Fisher....Another good passing performance by Taylor. No picks I think?

On the bad side? They still make a lot of dumb mistakes....fumbles, roughing the kicker, etc. Gotta clean those up.

Me no likey new unis.

Wisky needs to get their money back from the team of grade schoolers who designed that W . ugh

We must be pretty good to make that many mistakes and still win the game.

Momentum is huge especially in college ball. We got it part way through the 3rd quarter and looked like a totally different team.

Good adjustments by the players and coaches. The same things that worked well for Wisky in the 1st half didnt in the 2nd.

Its not Tyler Martinez dammit !

I learned that when we do good things or play well for portions of a game, it seems to disappoint some folks. Those folks just aren't happy unless they're complaining about something. Maybe it's time for them to realize that even the 95 Huskers (or whoever your gold standard is) made mistakes and could've been better. Every team/player/coach can always improve and do better. Maybe it's time to enjoy life when they do enough good things.

I hear this. I always revert back to the 95 season. I was 12. We were winning a game 35-0? Something like that. Some old fogies yells after a play (it's time for you to go Osborne. Youre all washed up now) This is ridiculous. I remember that moment vivdly.

I learned, if I didnt already know, that Bo is building something long term here. It's obvious now. Watching that coaches on the sideline, interactions of Bo with players and coaches. It was bonechilling last night. I got chills re-watching the game this morning, watching Paps reaction to the 4th down stop. We may lose a couple down the road this year, and may lose couple next year and the year after, but we need to relax. Our program is in good hands. Tom wouldnt leave it any other way.

1) It should not have taken the second largest comeback in school history to beat this Wisconsin team. Wisconsin is not good.

2) Rex is great, but Ameer is THE man

3) Lovin Kenny Bell

4) Taylor still panics alot when he is pressured, but I liked during the second half when he just took off rather than going through progressions (which would most likely result in a sack). I think he should do this more often because he's not a pocket QB. He never will be. He's a running QB...so maybe he should be used to run more. Just an idea.

5) Running the ball is how this offense will be productive...it pretty much goes without saying, but it sets up EVERYTHING else we want to do offensively.

6) Linebackers still look lost (not going to mention specific names, but it's quite obvious who they are)

7) D-line is still not looking good. There were way too many times that the QB was just standing back there for what seemed like an eternity. This was driving me crazy all game long, and for some reason a majority of the time, no blitzes were called. I'm sorry, but if you give any QB that much time to just sit back there, someone will eventually get open downfield.

8) It was nice seeing Beck stick with something that was working and that even when we were down, he stuck with the run.

I learned that Beck needs to treat Tmart as a running back lined up in the QB position. It's great that he is an improved thrower, but the offense needs to design plays for him to run. I know people will argue that when he runs alot he is susceptible to injury, but if he doesn't do what he does best we drop a couple of games anyway.

Tim Beck doesn't fumble.

Tim Beck doesn't run into the punter.

Tim Beck doesn't miss field goals.

Tim Beck doesn't over/underthrow wide open receivers.

Tim Beck changes to the a more pass based offense when they are giving it to us.

I saw a potential Tim Beck melt down thread coming when the team had so many mistakes.

Edit:

I still think the defense looks confused.

I fear too many will buy into this defensive performance.

The only time I was mad about Becks play calling was our last possesion. Continue to run the ball down their throats like you did all the way down the field. I hate when that is working really well because we are over powering them up front and then they go back to the zone read or a pass play. Just run the damn clock out.

Baker is alive, Fisher suprised me, Carter can lay the wood, Whaley did well against this type of team. Also the team really stuck together when it looked like we had no prayer of coming back.

If we don't fix our problems well, self-inflicted problems then we will lose to Ohio St and probably more on the road.