meltdown thread

Malth

Oh lord. Here we go. :facepalm:

By the way, Tom Osborne was a first time HC. Just saying. Booger off.

Took him 20 years to build a championship program and Pelini was given a 5-7 team not a BMW.

Exactly. We were expecting Bo to win the Indy 500 in a fricking yugo.

I hate people saying "well these are Bo's recruits" Well how good can your classes be those first couple seasons? We aren't elite but, if we can stay solid winning 8,9, 10 games a year we will get better. Our records don't show it but we are getting more talent in Lincoln. I won't we don't make the same mistake we made with Solich.... Ohio gave him time and look what he did.

I disagree with urban having circles ran around him in the first quarter. He didn't use Miller's legs early on. Probably hoping his backs could take some pressure off of his QB. He Urban called Miller's number, this game went the wrong way in a hurry.

I totally agree with this. But that's not really getting outcoached. That's just the other guy leaning on his best player, who's absolutely incredible, whom no one can stop at this point. I dont think this makes sense, but who cares anymore. :snacks:

Took him 20 years to build a championship program and Pelini was given a 5-7 team not a BMW.

I hate people saying "well these are Bo's recruits" Well how good can your classes be those first couple seasons? We aren't elite but, if we can stay solid winning 8,9, 10 games a year we will get better. Our records don't show it but we are getting more talent in Lincoln. I won't we don't make the same mistake we made with Solich.... Ohio gave him time and look what he did.

Yes, these are Bo's first 2 classes, that were not great by any stretch, that are junior and seniors right now. We'll be fine. We'll get the 9, maybe 10. It was all Braxton Miller tonight. That and our turnovers, and our walk-on led punt coverage-again (this is a whole 'nother issue I want to vent about)

• Fire 1

Show me the talent. We gave up 650+ yards to UCLA and close to 500 yards to Ohio St. Put down the Kool-Aid. These blowout/meltdown games have Feaux Pelini's prints all over them; turnovers, penalties, yards allowed, sideline screams.

Yes, these are Bo's first 2 classes, that were not great by any stretch, that are junior and seniors right now. We'll be fine. We'll get the 9, maybe 10. It was all Braxton Miller tonight. That and our turnovers, and our walk-on led punt coverage-again (this is a whole 'nother issue I want to vent about)

+1

I never expected to win this game, unfortunately. Going 1-1 against the two best teams in the other division is acceptable. Hate giving up this many points, though. It's embarrassing.

Sorry, I'm not really into the whole "meltdown" thing. I'm disappointed, but my life isn't ruined by a loss like this.

Same here. didn't expect us to win. good to see the team playing hard throughout.

The saddest part of this, as accountability says, we are over matched by talent, and our recruiting is again light years behind Ohio State and Michigan. I am afraid we have some more of these ugly outings ahead of this year. Coaching, who knows, maybe we were out coached, but we do not have the talent to compete on the National scene. Some how we must find a way to recruit with the elite or we will never return to where we all want to be. It is tough to recruit to Nebraska I am sure.

I think we lose to Michigan State, Michigan and maybe Penn State. Northwestern is still a possibility. Going to be a tough year as I thought before. Had hopes after last week, but turned out the beating of Wisconsin was just what it was, kinda of a mini cat fight.

I am done complaining about it, I have come to expect this since Clownahan was here.

Still love my Huskers, but I done losing sleep, hair, money and time over them.

I never expected to win this game, unfortunately. Going 1-1 against the two best teams in the other division is acceptable. Hate giving up this many points, though. It's embarrassing.

Sorry, I'm not really into the whole "meltdown" thing. I'm disappointed, but my life isn't ruined by a loss like this.

Didn't you hear that Penn St has been proclaimed the best team in the B1G?

In terms of fan support, boosters, history, tradition I consider Nebraska Football a BMW. So are you saying Nebraska Football is a Yugo? If that holds true then you have the right coach at the right time for your expectations.

I have a question for any Husker fan who can remember the Tom Osborne era in its entirety:

How long did it take for Osborne to win the "big" game?

The thing that gets me the most:

If I would've told you that Nebraska was going to score 38 points, do you think we would've gotten the W at the end of the game? I sure would have.

But, regardless of that, I still love and support this team. There are going to be games like this, and it feels like we've had too many of those. But the focus can't be on that game anymore. The focus, instead of bitching and whining about what didn't go right, should instead be what we need to do going forward. What changes need to be made? How can this team improve?

Any other talk is absolutely pointless.

Out-coached is as over-used a term as "adjustments" that I alluded to in a thread yesterday. When we win great. When we lose, we're out coached. BS. I am so sick of hearing that. And this mobile qb thing THAT GIVES EVERYONE FITS IN THE ENTIRE NATION is another overrated idea. But the talent and speed you are right on about. That is something that is just the way it is. We played with these guys for the most part, but remember, Braxton Miller does this to everyone. He is the sole reason Urban came there, to win a title with Braxton, fake some heart problems, and decide to spend time with family again. Cudos to him. But I wont say we were totally outcoached. We gave Ohio St a lot tonight. 21 points to be exact.

What is it you are smoking? Take off your red colored glasses. Six minutes left in the 4th and we are down 25 points and we have played with them? Point out the talent to me! Where are the players with the speed to keep up with O State? Where is the play of the offensive line? Where is the play of the defensive line, line backers and D backs? Give me a break.

Not smoking anything. Do you even know what outcoached means. What penalties? the false starts due to crowd noise. Ohio St. has committed as many if not more penalties than us. It's a talent issue. Obviously you missed the first quarter when Bo had obviously devised a scheme that ran cirles around Urban for a whole quarter, but sooner or later the gas runs out, and we didnt do enough to hold up. But i guess, we could do what you obviously have on your mind, fire Bo and whole staff and lets start again. Nick Saban? Hell why not.

Yes, I know what out coached looks like. I have coached for 42 years and know what I see. Eliminating fumbles, interceptions, penalties and false starts are part of the coaching process. In this case, for this staff, they are always present. We constantly have turnovers and stupid penalties. Why is that? And, you have to have the coaching to make the adjustments after the first quarter. The O State staff seemed to figure it out and make their adjustments, why did we not do the same? Oh, and where is the passion of our players to win?

You, my friend can't see past the end of your nose.

Now, it is 62 to 38! 24 point difference. Yes, we got embarrassed.