What record would 'officially' put Bo on the 'hot seat'?

Foppa

What record puts Bo on the 'hot seat'?  

126 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

His seat is already hot. And Pelini just more or less gave his own line in the sand in the post game. He said they must win the next 6. Anything less than a division title is a massive step backwards. And the direction the program is trending is as much a problem as anything else. The first three years he tied for, or outright won a division title. After moving to a weaker conference he finished 3rd the first year, and this year the conference is weaker still.

No coach at NU has not ended up fired after giving up 60+ The only guys to do it are Solich vs Colorado. Callahan vs TT and Ball ST and Colorado. And now Pelini vs OSU.

WTF... You realize that in the Big Texas conference our division consisted of Missouri, Kansas, K State, Colorado, and Iowa State, right?..... Mizzou was good for a couple years, and so was KU, but nobody else was worth a damn when we were there.

In the B1G, our conference is Mich St, Northwester, Michigan, Iowa, and Minnesota. It's not a cakewalk to get to the conference championship game anymore.

We'd have to have consecutive seasons that were disappointing for all the wrong reasons. 6-6 back to back, or even 7-5 if the losses were on par with Colorado.

I do think we have learned (I hope so, anyway) that rash moves can result in disaster. If we learned anything from the Pedey years, this should be the lesson. Bo has to improve, but he has some time. We cannot become a coaching carousel. That would be worse than giving Bo a couple years more than some think he deserves. Our next hire, if there is one soon, needs to know he will have time to work his magic, and not be required to win a MNC in a year or two. There are legit cases where it happens, but there are many more where it does not.

Jim Mora at UCLA is a good example. They rang our bell earlier this year, got ranked, and were talking MNC on the Bruins boards. Look where they are now. Urban may well do great at OSU, hell, probably WILL do well. But is he their answer? I doubt it. He has been erratic, unreliable, and trouble follows the man. I'd rather see a long buildup to sustained success than a flash in the pan, a glimmer of greatness, only to fall again.

For my way, we need patience. It may not pay off, but it won't throw is into a never ending, never fruitful search for "the answer" either.

His seat is already hot. And Pelini just more or less gave his own line in the sand in the post game. He said they must win the next 6. Anything less than a division title is a massive step backwards. And the direction the program is trending is as much a problem as anything else. The first three years he tied for, or outright won a division title. After moving to a weaker conference he finished 3rd the first year, and this year the conference is weaker still.

No coach at NU has not ended up fired after giving up 60+ The only guys to do it are Solich vs Colorado. Callahan vs TT and Ball ST and Colorado. And now Pelini vs OSU.

WTF... You realize that in the Big Texas conference our division consisted of Missouri, Kansas, K State, Colorado, and Iowa State, right?..... Mizzou was good for a couple years, and so was KU, but nobody else was worth a damn when we were there.

In the B1G, our conference is Mich St, Northwester, Michigan, Iowa, and Minnesota. It's not a cakewalk to get to the conference championship game anymore.

I think a very strong argument could be made that the B1G is weaker than when we won the North outright twice,and split it with Mizzou once. I would have to go look, but I'm pretty sure the non-con wins were better those years.

4 or 5 loose seaons look real, could even be 6 if nu i unlucky....but i think a 4 lose season would not sit well,,,since there was no improvement over last year with many of the same guys as last years team...trouble with nu,,is recruiting...we cannot hire anyone that can get the better guys here....osborn had be lured to stay till 2014,,but he did want to do it...i think he sees troubles ahead, and decided to get our fast.