What Did We Learn???

2. 3rd & 1 means here comes a playaction pass (aka, Beck needs to pull his head out of his ass)

I can think of one 3rd & short where we ran it up the middle and got stuffed.

I can also think of a 3rd & short on our final scoring drive where we called a pass play and converted.

Duke makes a great point. In 2007, that team gives up in this situation. Our team didn't. And that makes all the difference in the world, to me, regarding our coach's employment.

Exactly, this team makes so many mistakes, but they are a resilient bunch, and that as much as anything, reflects their coach....

1. T-Mart has outplayed Beck's terrible play calling yet again.

2. Bo needs to learn to coach on the sideline, instead of just screaming at refs and players.

3. Our secondary is finally finding their identity. PHYSICAL ASS FOOTBALL

4. This team lacks discipline in almost every aspect of the game, but mostly from our coaching staff.

5. Burkhead is most likely our for the rest of the year, sad to lose him but thank god for our depth.

6. Beck went to the designed QB draw 7-8 times and it netted maybe 20 yards total, yet we didn't one run quick pass or screen the entire game. I would love an in depth reason as to why he decided to do this.

2. Bo needs to learn to coach on the sideline, instead of just screaming at refs and players.

4. This team lacks discipline in almost every aspect of the game, but mostly from our coaching staff.

5. Burkhead is most likely our for the rest of the year, sad to lose him but thank god for our depth.

6. Beck went to the designed QB draw 7-8 times and it netted maybe 20 yards total, yet we didn't one run quick pass or screen the entire game. I would love an in depth reason as to why he decided to do this.

It is bizarre that he doesn't use Tmart's explosive speed more. Sooner or later he'll figure out we're not Kansas.

I will respectfully disagree about the qb draws. For awhile it seemed as if that was the only play we could run and it was getting us 8-12 yds per play.

1) We overcame a -3 turnover differential and still won

2) We cannot return a kick past the 15 yard line

3) Our defense completely contained Kain Colter, which most of us on this board thought would be impossible.

4) There's something wrong with our punt returns when we consider not muffing the punt a success

5) Taylor Martinez is a straight gamer, and owns Northwestern

6) We may be the most undisciplined team in all of football when you consider all the penalties and turnovers

7) As stated by others our receivers are by far the best in the Big 10. It's such a relief seeing Bell and Enunwa catch everything thrown their way.

8) The amount of times the commentator said, "We aren't in Lincoln folks" got increasingly annoying as the game went on, and the Northwestern "nap" story was even more ridiculous and annoying. (However our turnout in Evanston was great!)

9) We need to load everyone on the secondary up with some stick-em

10) Most importantly, somehow someway we won the game! Go Big Red!

I really do not know what this game taught us. It looks by results that we are in for dog fights every game. I really have no idea how good Northwestern is or isn't, but I do not think we are good enough to be called the Big 10 champion even if we should get there and win it. This conference is pathetic.

Thank gawd we have Taylor, and a few others.

This coaching staff has most likely destroyed Rex. He should not play another down this year. He plays to hard, gives too much and is most likely flushing his draft choice down the drain. Man I feel sorry for that kid.

The team won a game, inspite of the coaching, and for the haters, TAYLOR won this game, he and Enumwa (spelling).

I only got to watch bits and pieces of the game, but saw the last part of the fourth. The offense actually looked like a team on the same page, and the defense stopped them when they had to. This win will most likely have an effect on the rest of the season. As I hope they believe they can win on the road and overcome adversity. But again for the haters, no interceptions!!!!

Taylor made my day, as I expected us to lose this game, and it seemed for sure, but then the light came on. Hopefully the team and the staff learned from this game. Was not pretty, but it did show heart.

It is bizarre that he doesn't use Tmart's explosive speed more. Sooner or later he'll figure out we're not Kansas.

I keep hearing people say what a great runner T-mart is. I think they see his speed and mistake that for him being a great runner. I think he is a terrible ball carrier with amazing vertical speed.

This isn't necessarily a counter point to what you said, because I don't think you are calling Martinez a great runner. He does have explosive speed you are right about that.

But the announcers are always saying how great he is on his feet but I think he is the worst offensive weapon we have on their feet. I would take Ameer, Bell, Burkhead, Enunwa, Reed, Turner etc etc on their feet before Taylor.

2. 3rd & 1 means here comes a playaction pass (aka, Beck needs to pull his head out of his ass)

I can think of one 3rd & short where we ran it up the middle and got stuffed.

I can also think of a 3rd & short on our final scoring drive where we called a pass play and converted.

Duke makes a great point. In 2007, that team gives up in this situation. Our team didn't. And that makes all the difference in the world, to me, regarding our coach's employment.

but saying, I saw more playaction on 3rd and short, than I did runs gettin stuffed...

A great runner he is not. He does not posess the vision nor the agility to be one, let alone the way he carries the ball. However if you get in a straight line track race he will beat you.

I keep hearing people say what a great runner T-mart is. I think they see his speed and mistake that for him being a great runner. I think he is a terrible ball carrier with amazing vertical speed.

This isn't necessarily a counter point to what you said, because I don't think you are calling Martinez a great runner. He does have explosive speed you are right about that.

But the announcers are always saying how great he is on his feet but I think he is the worst offensive weapon we have on their feet. I would take Ameer, Bell, Burkhead, Enunwa, Reed, Turner etc etc on their feet before Taylor.