Refs

I thought that the refs actually watched film on the teams they would be officiating. The reason being they would understand how the offenses/defenses worked and where to look for penalties.

I know this is the case in the NFL because it was on an "Inside Sports" special. And it made total sense. I figured college would be very similar. Even in high school, the refs know where they will be early in the week if not the whole year...

I thought that the refs actually watched film on the teams they would be officiating. The reason being they would understand how the offenses/defenses worked and where to look for penalties.

I know this is the case in the NFL because it was on an "Inside Sports" special. And it made total sense. I figured college would be very similar. Even in high school, the refs know where they will be early in the week if not the whole year...

They do watch film. At least the 1-AA refs do when they stay at my hotel. I love talking football w/those guys.

This thread may have been foreshadowing cuz this crew sucks bad. Somebody needs to remind them that it's football. That aecond targeting call and the following PI were terrible. Don't blame Bo for getting a bench penalty on that one.

This thread was prophetic. I didn't even think they screwed us worse than Mich but they were just bad.

This thread may have been foreshadowing cuz this crew sucks bad. Somebody needs to remind them that it's football. That aecond targeting call and the following PI were terrible. Don't blame Bo for getting a bench penalty on that one.

This thread was prophetic. I didn't even think they screwed us worse than Mich but they were just bad.

They were bad for both teams, we just got a few in a row so it seemed more lop sided.

They were bad for both teams, we just got a few in a row so it seemed more lop sided.

We had 3 times the penalties, and the 3 for 45 yards on the FG drive were a joke.

The "targetting" call is getting out of control. If the offensive player is mostly static, and a defensive player leads with his helmet at the other helmet, ok...

But if the offensive player is twisting, turning, falling...etc... the defensive player should be allowed to square up and hit him any way he can...and helmet to helmet is then just incidental.

You can't necessarily blame the refs, because they get instruction from the league... so call Jim Delany.