Ref's

mwj98

This game had a lot of blown calls on both sides. Other than that I think the b1g officials have been consistent and don't have an issue with them. Just my opinion.

I didn't feel that way about the b12. I thought they were really bad especially one crew. They also played favorites. KU's Mangino (sp?) nailed it.

Not sure about the missed calls on both sides but I will say that the refs missed A LOT of holding calls on UM last night. There were times they had Baker and E-mart wrapped up and they didn't call holding one time.

what was the call where we got illegal substitution without huddling? I don't understand how you can get an illegal substitution with 12 men on the field when you dont huddle.

Having 12 guys on the field is now a penalty. Didn't used to be that way but they've changed several of the substitution rules in the last few years.

If we're thinking of the same play, two flags were thrown, which offset each other. Justin Jackson was called for holding and the Michigan defense was called for pass interference. They replayed third down and Martinez got sacked, forcing a punt.

Offensive holding was called on us that play. Offsetting penalties, replay down. With how bad it looked like Michigan was holding all night, I thought it was a ticky tack call that Jackson let the momentum of the D Lineman take him to the ground. He did not tackle him like the announcers said.

Thanks. I was at the game but must have gotten too distracted by Bell's injury and didn't see the flag on us.

That sideline official that called unsportsmanlike on Bo seemed a little thin-skinned. I mean, I don't know what Bo said to him, but the call came pretty quick. I was wondering if this was football or baskeball. The difference of course being that in football the refs traditionally give a bit more room for the coach to "speak his mind". I know there were some Big XII officials watching that game last night thinking "dude, you think that's bad, you should have been reffing the NU v. aTm game a few years back". It was almost like Bo got T-ed up.

Somewhat inept officiating crew. Prime example: Maher had a punt in the 4th quarter that went into the endzone. The refs initially spotted the ball at the 25, as if a kickoff had gone into the endzone. They finally corrected the spot, but only after I yelled at them. Well maybe it was in response to Bo, but I was yelling too. chuckleshuffle

• Fire 1

I've never seen more missed holding calls in one game. They say holding can be called on every play, and that's probably true, but there were several obvious jersey grabs that weren't called in this game. Ironically, the two holds that the refs decided to call were declined (one was on 3rd down and one on PJ's INT). It was pretty apparent watching that game that we weren't going to get any help from the officials.

That being said, I believe the reason for this is that the B1G crews are enduring their second season of Bo Pelini. He rips into every crew every game and it does nothing but hurt the team in the end. Sometimes he has plenty of reason to argue, but there's a right and wrong way to communicate with the officials.

I've been officiating football, baseball and basketball for over 10 years. I can tell you that the way a coach talks to the officials DOES make a difference in how the game is called. If a coach is constantly screaming at the crew, they're probably not going to give his team the benefit of the doubt when a call can go either way. They're not going to go out of their way to make the team lose, but they're certainly not going to help out the irate coach if they don't have to. Unfortunately, that's just the way it is. You can say that the refs are getting paid to call the game fairly, but they're human and Bo needs to start treating them that way.

I've been officiating football, baseball and basketball for over 10 years. I can tell you that the way a coach talks to the officials DOES make a difference in how the game is called. If a coach is constantly screaming at the crew, they're probably not going to give his team the benefit of the doubt when a call can go either way. They're not going to go out of their way to make the team lose, but they're certainly not going to help out the irate coach if they don't have to. Unfortunately, that's just the way it is. You can say that the refs are getting paid to call the game fairly, but they're human and Bo needs to start treating them that way.

The officials don't get a pass because they're wearing stripes. When they screw up - and they did flagrantly and frequently Saturday night - then they deserve to get ripped. Any official that takes that personally and calls a game differently needs to hang up his whistle. It is ridiculous to pretend the officials get a pass because a coach yells at them while at the same time saying the coach needs to shut it down.

Half that crew should have their contracts revoked. The penalty disparity was ridiculous in that game, and the fact that Nebraska won doesn't make it any better.

Trust me, I'm not supporting them and I agree that the officiating was atrocious on Saturday. I was yelling at them from my couch as much as the next guy. I'm just saying that they're human and Bo's not helping himself out by cursing at them every game. I've heard that "oral fixators" is his most commonly used insult. Part of being a good coach is handling the officials, and Bo is horrible in this area. Close games are often decided by a late call and it would be beneficial for us to have the officials on our side once in a while.