Two gap

To me, it looked like the same scheme Bo has ran since he got here. The D-Linemen occupy blockers and spring the LBs free to pursue the ball carrier/QB. It's really kind of a 3-4 DL philosophy because one of the DEs was usually trying to rush while the other 3 DL held their blockers up. For once, it actually worked.

Just because our system is a two-gap doesnt mean we dont occasionally have plays where we shoot gaps or do different things with the d-line on occasion based of a look of the offense. I'm sure we have some variance in our defensive sets. The adjustments-if any-are usually unnoticeable to the majority of fans outside of the result anyway.

We ran the same D we ran all season. We were more aggressive with it and at times did an assigned gap blitz. But more than anything they are playing it like they are supposed to be playing and the rush ends are becoming more effective because the DB's are covering their guys better. I think the only thing we did differently is assigned one of the LBs to be on DR when he was in there as a spy. I couldn't tell always from the stands but I imagine thats what was done. But the idea was to "stay home" so to speak so DR couldn't scramble. We're just understanding things better.

• Fire 1

The two gap was still in effect the other night. Just ran better and I think Sam's article about the DBs this morning can also be said about the defense as a whole.

Don't down play at all the play of Stein. He probably played the best I have seen him in my opinion. We need that type of play from our DTs in every game in a two gap system.