Star Wars: Episode VII **NO SPOILERS**

Impossible for this movie to suck.

Personally I like the prequels too, so obviously my bar isn't gonna be as high as other peoples.

Personally, I thought the prequels were OK, Lucas made some poor casting choices IMO. Hayden Christiansen is a terrible actor, his roles since then have proved that out. I thought Sam Jackson was a bad choice. I just kept seeing Jules from Pulp Fiction pretending to be a Jedi. All he needed was the Jeri Curl wig. Ewan Mcgregor was a good choice as Obiwan though. He really should have let someone else direct the movies. He is great at producing and big concept things to do with Star Wars, but directing and writing dialog for scripts is not his strong point. I may be way off did, he have help writing the scripts for the prequels? I know Lawrence Kasdon reworked a lot of the 4-6 scripts.

My 18 year old son is really getting into the Force Awakens stuff. We just went to a thing at the local community college Tuesday night that had 3 minor character actors from the prequels. Kind of a mini comic con. Lots of Star Wars fans out there.

I think the new movie will be good. Abrams is a pretty solid director. More importantly he is a big fan, so he really wants to make a great movie.

I really liked Jackson as Mace Windu. Abrams is what scares me. I know people loved what he did with Star Trek. I'm not too big of a fan of his really but at least there is a new Star Wars moving coming out. I just hope it's decent. Of course the visuals in the trailers are enticing but whether or not he puts a good movie together is another story.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

I really liked Jackson as Mace Windu. Abrams is what scares me. I know people loved what he did with Star Trek. I'm not too big of a fan of his really but at least there is a new Star Wars moving coming out. I just hope it's decent. Of course the visuals in the trailers are enticing but whether or not he puts a good movie together is another story.

See for me Jackson always plays the same character. It didn't work for me I guess.

I guess I don't understand those that don't like Abrams directing as a whole, All directors are hit and miss. Some hit a lot more than others, but there isn't a director out there that has directed at least 7-8 movies that hasn't had at least 1 that wasn't that great. Liked the Star Trek movies he did and the Mission Impossible he did. Cloverfied was a dumb movie and a dumb concept.

See for me Jackson always plays the same character. It didn't work for me I guess.

I guess I don't understand those that don't like Abrams directing as a whole, All directors are hit and miss. Some hit a lot more than others, but there isn't a director out there that has directed at least 7-8 movies that hasn't had at least 1 that wasn't that great. Liked the Star Trek movies he did and the Mission Impossible he did. Cloverfied was a dumb movie and a dumb concept.

Yet Cloverfield has scored very well with critics. There isn't much that Abrams has touched that I haven't personally really enjoyed.

Yet Cloverfield has scored very well with critics. There isn't much that Abrams has touched that I haven't personally really enjoyed.

Oh, I know lots of critics and people liked it, I thought it was dumb, which is actually odd for me. I can usually find something in most movies that I watch that I like.

Christopher Nolan. He has 4 of my top 10 movies of all time. Haven't seen the following to know if it was bad, but imdb says it is a 7.6 which usually means it is above average to good.

He directed Star Wars?

I like Nolan too. Maybe he means he wishes Nolan would have been considered as he was one of the names that were mentioned when no one knew who Disney was going to go with.

Christopher Nolan. He has 4 of my top 10 movies of all time. Haven't seen the following to know if it was bad, but imdb says it is a 7.6 which usually means it is above average to good.

He directed Star Wars?

I like Nolan too. Maybe he means he wishes Nolan would have been considered as he was one of the names that were mentioned when no one knew who Disney was going to go with.

I think this was in response to "name a director who has never had a bad film" posed earlier.

Which is a good response. Nolan is about as rock steady as directors go, but he's also slightly an enigma, and was gifted the keys to the kingdom pretty early on.

With respect to JJ, Nolan's average Metacritic score for all of the films he has either directed or produced is 69, and Abrams' average score is 64, with Armageddon (wrote screenplay) and The Suburbans (Producer) dragging his average down a whole lot. That doesn't take into account Abrams' tv show chops, but if you look at strictly movies and take out those two early and low scores, his average jumps to 70.

Unrelated, everyone should watch Abrams' TED Talk about the mystery box. One of my favorite film talks:

He directed Star Wars?

I think this was in response to "name a director who has never had a bad film" posed earlier.

Which is a good response. Nolan is about as rock steady as directors go, but he's also slightly an enigma, and was gifted the keys to the kingdom pretty early on.

With respect to JJ, Nolan's average Metacritic score for all of the films he has either directed or produced is 69, and Abrams' average score is 64, with Armageddon (wrote screenplay) and The Suburbans (Producer) dragging his average down a whole lot. That doesn't take into account Abrams' tv show chops, but if you look at strictly movies and take out those two early and low scores, his average jumps to 70.

Unrelated, everyone should watch Abrams' TED Talk about the mystery box. One of my favorite film talks:

You see IMO Nolan does have a bad film. I realize critics and a lot of people love Momento, but I am not one of them. I don't like movies that after I saw it I have no idea what happened.

You see IMO Nolan does have a bad film. I realize critics and a lot of people love Momento, but I am not one of them. I don't like movies that after I saw it I have no idea what happened.

I love Memento. Think it's a fantastic film, but if you don't personally like it there's nothing wrong with that as enjoyment of media is entirely subjective, but you can't really say it's BAD when the overwhelming consensus of people who get paid to evaluate these sorts of things give it a ton of praise.

I love Memento. Think it's a fantastic film, but if you don't personally like it there's nothing wrong with that as enjoyment of media is entirely subjective, but you can't really say it's BAD when the overwhelming consensus of people who get paid to evaluate these sorts of things give it a ton of praise.

Yeah, but how many times did you watch it before you had any clue about what you just saw? :ahhhhhhhh When I rent or go to a movie, I don't want to have to think that hard to enjoy it. I think it is a movie that you either love or you just don't get. I didn't get it. I don't always put a lot of stock in what critics say either. They can have wildly differing views.

I remember 2 separate reviews of the Wolf of Wall Street. One critic thought it was the best movie he say that year and gave it 5 stars. The other thought it was Scorsese worst film ever.

I do like all of Nolan's other stuff though.