Star Wars: Episode VII **NO SPOILERS**

I rewatched Episodes 4-6 with my son so he could be familiar with them before we see Episode 7. He's 9 and when we watched RotJ with my 6-year old daughter, they both loved every scene with the Ewoks on Endor. I guess I don't get the ire of SW fans who say that the Ewoks ruined RotJ. I still think it holds up and is a very good capper on the original trilogy.

I hadn't seen it for a while, so I also didn't like the "NOOOOOO" dubbed in for Darth Vader at the end. I also didn't like them putting in young Anakin at the end, but I had seen that before. I guess they wanted to show Anakin when he was last a Jedi, and before he came Darth Vader.

Overall, I'm pumped for Episode 7. I don't want to fight crowds and stand in long lines with my kids, who will get super impatient. I want to wait for the week between Christmas and New Years and go see it some morning with them, as I am not working.

My big gripe is the Rebellion beat them too easily, ROTJ could have been more. I hadn't watched it for a couple years until this week I bet, it was better than I remembered. Still I think Lucas was just changing sh#t at one point because YOLO!
I liked RoTJ when I was younger because of the ewoks. Gonna watch it again tonight with the wife and my 3 year old son.

I find it funny when Star Wars fans complain about the ewoks and how they easily killed the Empire but don't complain about how Luke all of a sudden got Jedi powers with one day spent with Obi-Wan Kenobi before he died and before he met Yoda

I rewatched Episodes 4-6 with my son so he could be familiar with them before we see Episode 7. He's 9 and when we watched RotJ with my 6-year old daughter, they both loved every scene with the Ewoks on Endor. I guess I don't get the ire of SW fans who say that the Ewoks ruined RotJ. I still think it holds up and is a very good capper on the original trilogy.

I hadn't seen it for a while, so I also didn't like the "NOOOOOO" dubbed in for Darth Vader at the end. I also didn't like them putting in young Anakin at the end, but I had seen that before. I guess they wanted to show Anakin when he was last a Jedi, and before he came Darth Vader.

Overall, I'm pumped for Episode 7. I don't want to fight crowds and stand in long lines with my kids, who will get super impatient. I want to wait for the week between Christmas and New Years and go see it some morning with them, as I am not working.

My big gripe is the Rebellion beat them too easily, ROTJ could have been more. I hadn't watched it for a couple years until this week I bet, it was better than I remembered. Still I think Lucas was just changing sh#t at one point because YOLO!
I liked RoTJ when I was younger because of the ewoks. Gonna watch it again tonight with the wife and my 3 year old son.

I find it funny when Star Wars fans complain about the ewoks and how they easily killed the Empire but don't complain about how Luke all of a sudden got Jedi powers with one day spent with Obi-Wan Kenobi before he died and before he met Yoda

Oh it's a gripe of mine too, but not as much. Force power you either have or you don't, technique gets finessed during training and your powers just grow.

I didn't mind the ewoks but, you have to admit, a bunch of teddy bears with ropes and pulleys took a lot away from the mystic of an all powerful empire.

Yup. I was 7-8 when I really became obsessed with Star Wars and I just loved every minute of RotJ. I think it's important how old you were when you started to like it. I liked all of them of course but Empire was my least favorite when I was young.

I was fine with how easily they killed the Empire. It was awesome that a bunch of low tech natives were able to help do it. I thought that was great.

Yup. I was 7-8 when I really became obsessed with Star Wars and I just loved every minute of RotJ. I think it's important how old you were when you started to like it. I liked all of them of course but Empire was my least favorite when I was young.

I was fine with how easily they killed the Empire. It was awesome that a bunch of low tech natives were able to help do it. I thought that was great.

This is me. Now I like Empire best. When I was a kid Jedi was tops. But the way Empire sets up and how dark it is, definitely makes it the best story.
  • Fire 1

This is me. Now I like Empire best. When I was a kid Jedi was tops. But the way Empire sets up and how dark it is, definitely makes it the best story.
Me too. Empire was my least, Jedi was fave. Other way around now.

If you add the prequels I rank them:

1 Empire

2 New Hope

3 Revenge

4 Jedi

5 Menace

6 Clones

Honestly, after seing Awakens, it ranks right at the top. It was incredible.