Star Wars: Episode VII **NO SPOILERS**

I had no idea there are 2 Star Wars threads.... Seeing it next Wednesday night. Stoked!

Yup, no spoilers in this thread or you'll be banned in less than a parsec.

Edit: I also edited the thread title to reflect that policy.

Thanks for updating because I am going to try my hardest to avoid all spoilers.

May the force be with you.

tumblr_nkreooJLp81rbttujo2_500.gif

• Fire 1

I had no idea there are 2 Star Wars threads.... Seeing it next Wednesday night. Stoked!

Yup, no spoilers in this thread or you'll be banned in less than a parsec.

Edit: I also edited the thread title to reflect that policy.

Thanks for updating because I am going to try my hardest to avoid all spoilers.

May the force be with you.

tumblr_nkreooJLp81rbttujo2_500.gif

boba-fett-nod-o.gif

• Fire 2

I rewatched Episodes 4-6 with my son so he could be familiar with them before we see Episode 7. He's 9 and when we watched RotJ with my 6-year old daughter, they both loved every scene with the Ewoks on Endor. I guess I don't get the ire of SW fans who say that the Ewoks ruined RotJ. I still think it holds up and is a very good capper on the original trilogy.

I hadn't seen it for a while, so I also didn't like the "NOOOOOO" dubbed in for Darth Vader at the end. I also didn't like them putting in young Anakin at the end, but I had seen that before. I guess they wanted to show Anakin when he was last a Jedi, and before he came Darth Vader.

Overall, I'm pumped for Episode 7. I don't want to fight crowds and stand in long lines with my kids, who will get super impatient. I want to wait for the week between Christmas and New Years and go see it some morning with them, as I am not working.

I rewatched Episodes 4-6 with my son so he could be familiar with them before we see Episode 7. He's 9 and when we watched RotJ with my 6-year old daughter, they both loved every scene with the Ewoks on Endor. I guess I don't get the ire of SW fans who say that the Ewoks ruined RotJ. I still think it holds up and is a very good capper on the original trilogy.

I hadn't seen it for a while, so I also didn't like the "NOOOOOO" dubbed in for Darth Vader at the end. I also didn't like them putting in young Anakin at the end, but I had seen that before. I guess they wanted to show Anakin when he was last a Jedi, and before he came Darth Vader.

Overall, I'm pumped for Episode 7. I don't want to fight crowds and stand in long lines with my kids, who will get super impatient. I want to wait for the week between Christmas and New Years and go see it some morning with them, as I am not working.

My big gripe is the Rebellion beat them too easily, ROTJ could have been more. I hadn't watched it for a couple years until this week I bet, it was better than I remembered. Still I think Lucas was just changing sh#t at one point because YOLO!

NON SPOILER REVIEW

Wow, it was epic. First and foremost, it has a totally different look than the others. Much grittier, much darker undertones. The campy humor still exists just as it did before in all other 6, but this one comes at you much harder.

Visually it is stunning and flows nicely even when CGI is apparent. The camera angles for one are less stationary and linear, they move more with the actor, take different vantage points and really suck you into the action.

The characters in the original 3 and prequel 3 could largely be labeled stoic or unemotional at times. Not in this one. Everyone brought their A game and allow for a connection with the audience. The new characters Rey, Finn and Poe are easy to get attached to. And BB-8 is pretty adorable.

All in all it felt wildly familiar yet strangely foreign at the same time. Even if they didn't make another movie you feel satisfied at its conclusion yet of course want more. It could easily stand alone without 6 previous installments which I feel is an achivment on its own. I will say they borrowed some story arcs from the original 3, but as we know history tends to copy itself a bit in this galaxy far far away.

I loved it, even my wife said it was really good and she was underselling it a bit. Honestly if we didn't have to take the 3 month old with us to Omaha today I would go see it again this morning off maybe 5 hours of sleep. It was terrific.

• Fire 3